The TOP

I decided to begin writing another story, hope you like it <3 Im only switching POV's between two people. Don't want to confuse everyone xD

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The TOP

- Abby's POV -

I stared blankly at the envelope. I slightly shook my head as I tore it open and read the letter.

"You have been chosen to take place in TOP. Be prepared. Meet at this address at precisely 8:00."

I read this over and over again, Terrified. Every year the presidents of all our countries gather the smartest, sharpest, most cunning and clever 16 year olds they can find to compete.

The students race. They race to the the core. The core is in the middle of a program so complex and so dangerous that it cannot be controlled. It originally was something good. But grew into a virus, it created itself.

So, every year the few chosen students hack and race their way into the core. After you reach the core you need to get out of it. You need to reach the T.O.P. Though the path is so hard and complex majority of the kids who go in don't come out.

What is the purpose of this? No one knows.

Although, we do know those who can get through receive riches beyond their wildest dreams. This has basically become like the olympics. People take teams and watch us compete.

I shake my head and run out the door. I needed to talk to someone. The first thing that pops into my mind is my best friend. I needed to see him. I grabbed my skateboard and headed to his house.

Mark's POV -

I stood frozen as I watched Abby jump off her skateboard and run towards my front door. She opened it and stood in front of me.

"Mark, I-I- I was chosen." I could see all the fear in her eyes although she tries to hide it. We have been best friends since we were kids. We basically know each others thoughts before we think them. As she shows me her letter I remain frozen. Slowly I pull my hand from behind my back and showed her the white piece of paper in my hand.

"So was I." I said emotionless. We both stared at each other. She didn't need to speak for me to know what she was thinking 'We are in trouble' most likely. I saw a tear roll down her cheek and she quickly wipes it. I sigh and bring her in to hug her.

She's like my little sister I feel so protective of her. Im taller and stronger than she is. But shes definetly strong. She can handle herself.

One thing about abby is, she always hides her emotions. This is one of the very few time she shows them. Suddenly, she looks up at me and says "Mark I'm terrified."

I hug her closer and nod "I know, me too".

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Well there is a little bit of my new story. Tell me what you think :D