Untitled Part 1

Rebecca was walking home from school alone. After trying to ask Luke a tanned, tall, and handsome guy out from school and not being able to stutter a word she wanted nothing more than to be alone. At the leisurely pace she was walking, it took fifteen minutes to get home. She walked up the driveway to see a stray cat on the front porch playing with something. Approaching the cat went against all her instincts considering it could have rabies or something else, but she had to get in the house to peacefully cry into her pillow. Luckily, as she continued to walk up the driveway the cat ran away, but it left what it was playing with behind. Rebecca continued walking towards the front door about to ignore the cat's toy, until curiosity got the best of her.

After picking it up and turning it over a few time it was obviously a watch, but it didn't look like any normal watch. It was rectangular and black with the minutes hand at the bottom and three hour hands at the top. It wasn't ticking and Rebecca doubted it still worked, but pushed the button on the side in anyway. Her feet left the ground and her surroundings became blurry. Blinking away the haze, she was back in school leaning against the lockers staring at Luke walking down the hallway with his model of the year smile. Rebecca pushed herself off the lockers almost dropping the watch that was still in her hands. Looking down at it, she missed her opportunity to talk to Luke and he passed by her without a second glance. Without looking from the watch she turned the dials to be a whole minute before now, so she could have another chance. Pushing in the button on the side again her vision became hazy then clear in the blink of an eye. While waiting for Luke, there was a slight whisper in my head saying not to go back again, but I pushed the thought away when I saw him walking down the hallway. As he got closer she pushed herself off the locker she was leaning on again and approached Luke. The hallway got so quiet you could hear a pin drop. "Hi, I'm... and... bye." She quickly made a bee line for the exit down the hall receiving glares from females, and stares from males. When she was outside she took a deep breath in and went back to try again. After doing this about five times she ran to Luke shouting "GO TO THE DANCE WITH ME!"

"What is wrong with you?" He responded to her. Rebecca heavily sighed and turned her watch fifteen seconds before going back to try again. But this time she didn't even tell her watch to go back, it just did it on it's own, and that's what it continued doing. Sending her back to the exact same time and place constantly reliving the horror and frustration.