Chapter 1: The Letter

As I tried to see the owl that had just flown into my bedroom, Mycroft was driving me to beyond my normal point of sociopathic thinking. He was bewitching everything around us to start stabbing at each other. I would call him on it, but he was entering his final year at Hogwarts, so the ministry had no legal precedent against his usage of magic. The owl was just staring at us while Mycroft was making the skull I stole from the cemetery drawl on and on about the history of Hogwarts' different houses. I reached out to grab my acceptance letter, but Mycroft saw the need to transfigure the owl into an eyeball and watch it roll away. I knew that Mycroft would make it an owl again, but not until the school sent another one. I could tell that Mycroft wanted to burn my letter from the upturned hairs in his left eyebrow, but I wouldn't let it happen, so I poked him in the weakest spot in his body (no, not his groin) and watched him laugh as he stepped aside.

"Oh brother of mine" he mind numbingly stated, "When will you learn that the things you do to regular people don't work on me? I'm better than you! You should know that by now."

"Just let me get my letter and then annoy me on the way to Diagon Alley."  Even though I already knew what the letter said, I read it to get some solace from Mycroft. 

Dear Mr. Holmes,

Yadda yadda yadda, you have been accepted to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Term begins September 1st.

Signed, Minerva McGonagall
Deputy headmistress.

"Why do you even bother reading that?" Mycroft said.

"It's purely ceremonial. I already know what it says." I replied

"Come brother, let's go to the fireplace."

Mycroft and I stepped into the green fire, galleons in hand, and floo powdered ourselves to Diagon Alley.