chapter 1

Rochelle
I opened the door to my apartment. It was close to midnight on Friday. I wasn't out partying no I was at work covering a shift for that asshole. I shook my head as I closed the deadbolt on the door. It not like its the first time Marcus called in sick for his shift. Everyone at the hospital knows he's lying but administration can not do anything since his father owns the hospital. If he wasn't such a good heart surgeon I would have put more effort into getting rid of him. I walked into my two bedroom apartment. It was small but since I lived alone it was fitting. There was a quaint kitchen that I rarely use since I don't have much time to cook. I was brought out of my thoughts when I realized the window in my living room was open. I instantly went on alert. My apartment was on the second floor of my building which was almost secure. I realized the windows leading to the fire escape isn't secure. I was looking around nothing seemed out of place in the living room and kitchen. I grabbed a knife and started going into the bedroom. I still don't know why I didn't call the police right away. I guess I just didn't feel a threatening vibe. As soon as I reached my bedroom I realized why. A guy was passed out on the floor and he was bleeding. Not a lot though as apparent but the two blood spots on his chest. I immediately went into doctor mode and went to check his pulse.
I was about to press my fingers at his neck when his hand shot out and grabbed my wrist. I looked to his eyes they were black and pained. He fainted again and I realized I was holding my breath. I released it and looked at the side of him where I saw his gun.
I took a deep breath and went to get my medical bag. I spent an hour pulling out two bullets and stitching him up. He was still sleeping so I covered him with blankets. I followed the drops of blood to the window closed it and cleaned up.
I just got in the shower when I heard a pounding at the door. I figured it was my landlord harry but I was surprised he was here this late. I pulled on my robe and went to the door. I looked through the peephole and saw harry with two police officers.

Alec
I woke with a start and looked around the bedroom I found myself in. I was laying on the floor covered in blankets. I looked and saw a queen sized bed, a dresser and bedside table.
"What can I do for officers?" I heard a female voice ask in the next room. I didn't hear a response but I heard the woman invite them in. At that I jumped up but immediately fell to my knees. I heard footsteps so I forged through the pain and hid in the walking closet. I heard people come into the room.
"Witnesses say they saw a guy that matches the description of a person of interest" Alec almost laughed at that. He heard the woman respond.
"Well I haven't seen anything out of place" she said. The police left after telling the woman to call them. I heard the door close that's when I came out. When the woman entered the room she gasped.