Eevee

I plugged in my Red cartridge and started playing as usual. I started out my journey in the little town of Pallet. Professor Oak had given me my first Pokemon, a Bulbasaur i named Vinie. Vinie was the only Pokemon I used all throughout Kanto but I needed something to help me beat Blain's fire types and Sebrina's psychic that kept destroying my Vinie. Someone told me that if i went in the back of the apartments in Celadon and made it to the top floor I would be given an Eevee. I tried it and to my surprise i met no resistance. Even the lone man in the room didn't try to stop me when I grabbed the Pokeball off the table. But on my way out he saied the strangest thing. "Thank Helix the curse is lifted". I just shrugged it off and continued onward. I named the Eevee Shea because the color of it's fur was that of shea butter. Shea was surprisingly strong and was able to sweep Blaine and Sabrina then the Elite 4. My rival Blue gave me a little trouble but I ended up beating him and entering the Hall of Fame. Then it was time for me to start my next journey. But something still bothered me about what the odd man said.

I plugged in my Silver Cartridge and played as I normally would. I chose Totodile and moved onward. i easily bested the first two gyms only having trouble with Whitney once before i was able to grind enough to one shot her Miltank. Then I met Bill, the man who created the storage system he said I should visit him in Goldenrod and I figured why not? When I did he gave me an Eevee that I again named Shea. Easily besting every gym with it from teaching it Tm's that were super effective. And once again Besting the Elite 4 and the champion. Then for fun I took Shea through the Kanto Gyms. I decided to visit the spot where I had received the first Eevee. When I reached the top however, the door was locked. I tried pressing A and a dialogue box popped up. "Sorry I passed the curse on to you like that but I did what I had to do. But you look fine so I think you should keep it. It does seem to like you after all. But if it turns bad, I won't take it back." I decided that it must have been an Easter Egg. As there was no way it could have been a glitch in both games. But deep down I still felt like something was wrong.

I decided to play in the Hoen region and see what would happen. It started as normal and I chose Treeko. I made my way all through the region and absolutly nothing strange happened, which I was ok with but at the same time it made me feel uneasy. the other two games had done something wrong. so why not this one? sure it was a different kind of cartridge but still the same basic game code. could it just be the cartridge? or was it something beyond understanding?