Late For Lunch

Dan was running as fast as he could to the bus stop "I can't be late again" He thought. He was meeting a group of friends for lunch but as always, he overslept and took too much time to get ready. He reached the bus stop where he found one other person waiting. Phil Lester. He knew him from school. In Dan's opinion, Phil had too many piercings, weird taste in music and strange coloured hair. This was of course, coming from the boy who wore pink sweaters and flower crowns.

Dan looked at his watch. According to the bus schedule, the next bus wouldn't get there for another twenty minutes. Just his luck. The two stood at the bus stop for what seemed like hours before Phil turned to Dan. He suddenly felt really weird when he looked at Phil, but he didn't know why. "Do you know what time the bus is supposed to get here?" He asked. Dan looked back at his watch again, barley any time had passed since he last looked, and said "Uh, probably about, 20 minutes." Phil nodded and turned around to face the busy street.

Out of nowhere, Phil suddenly spoke. "So where are you headed off to?" Then he turned and looked at Dan again. When Phil looked him in the eyes, he got that weird feeling again. "Lunch with friends" Dan slightly mumbled it. "What about you?" He said after. He could have sworn Phil's face fell slightly but he quickly replied with "Oh, I was just going to uh, well, I was just going home. I had band practice today." He smiled afterwards and Dan felt the strange sensation again. This time he knew, it was love he was feeling.

"Dan, can I uh, tell you something?" Phil asked. Dan nodded. "So I am going home but, I've been kind of, following you." Dan's head snapped up suddenly. "Wait, what!" He exclaimed. "No, stop. I mean, I've been meaning to ask you something but I didn't know when to do it." He looked away. "So I followed you to the bus stop because, I'm-" He was cut off by the bus pulling up. Before Dan could grab his money, Phil grabbed his head and kissed him fully on the mouth. Dan was so shocked that he dropped his wallet, but he didn't care. He loved this boy and the boy loved him.

The two pulled away to find that the bus had left. "Shit" Dan muttered but Phil just grabbed his arm and said "How about we have lunch, just the two of us. And with that, the two ran off to find a small coffee shop or restaurant.