July 4th

It was so annoying, coming home after a hectic day of college, and seeing that my entire carton of milk was spoilt. And, that there wasn't anything to eat but half a pack of strawberries in the fridge (and I could never survive a dinner and the consecutive breakfast on mere strawberries).

So changing my converse for a pair of hotel bathroom slippers, I heaved my body up to the nearest grocery store to get some frozen pizza and some nice, juicy pineapples. Though I doubted all of that would be covered up in the cash I had in my wallet at the moment. 

It was 9:48 in the night, and since the store closed at 10, I was to really hurry up with whatever I wanted. Beef pepperoni pizza wasn't there, so I had to go with pork pepperoni. The pineapple tin was thankfully in the budget, so I could very happily go back home and treat myself to some pizza –and probably a few slices of pineapple.

As the bored cashier woman billed my items and scrutinized me carefully – as if deciding whether this was my real hair or a wig – I noticed someone else in the corner, lingering around the pasta section.

"Hello Eileen." I said to one of the only people in Wilhemshire I talked to. "What are you doing here so late in the night?"

"I won't be able to sleep at my house. At least I'm not expected to be here." She said sadly. I'll be honest, she didn't make any sense with whatever she said; but I threw the girl a warm, sympathetic look anyway.

"Why, got into a fight with your parents?" it was such a common problem with teenagers these days; everyone hates their parents, and why? Because they do not support drinking, flirting, smoking, going to parties, being at the top of the social pyramid and getting into relationships. Well, I never did any of these as a teenager and was unusually close to my parents, so I can't relate. But I'll try and be as much of a help to Eileen as I could.

"Oh no, Alexandra, there are things much more complicated than that." Eileen let out a laugh.

"Wanna share your problems?" I offered.

She obviously looked like she didn't want to, but then really considered it. "The next time it happens, I will tell you, and you must act like my very unsuspicious secret-keeper."

I raised an eyebrow at her, because honestly, the girl seemed to be rambling dialogues at random. Eileen smiled sympathetically and said "Patience. I will tell you. But only when it happens one more time."

"Okay. I comprehended a lot from it."

"If things change, please take my words for clues."

My face was probably contorted in puzzlement, but mentally I was screaming at Eileen that she wasn't making any sense. She walked out of the store then, leaving me in an atmosphere of what-the-hell-did-she-just-say (accompanied by a long set of question marks). Well, that changed a second later when the cashier handed me my purchased items, and finally dared to ask if I was wearing a wig.