Empathy

The ability to
understand
and
share
the feelings of one another

'I'm so sorry Youngjae.'Jaebum says to himself for more than a billion times.

The boy didn't know many times he had to use new excuses to hide himself somewhere and cry his heart. Or how much he forgets to eat or acts like himself.

This wasn't the normal Jaebum. Not the original one where he threw his anger at the members playfully or in a leadership way. He was just lost. Completely wrecked. This was definitely how Youngjae felt. He kept reminding himself how he deserved the negativity.

It had been weeks since their break-up, but to both of them, it felt like that shattering day was just yesterday. It was like when they wake up tomorrow, they feel as if their break-up was hours ago.

Breath unsteady and visions blurry, the hopeless leader held onto himself, pulling all his broken pieces in place, trying to obtain his delighted and ordinary self. But hours had passed and every member was worrying why their leader hadn't left the room.

Jaebum managed to pull himself together and make himself look presentable. He would disarranged his attire and act out as if he had woken up minutes ago. Leaving his empty bedroom, he slowly strolled to the kitchen. He hope he could get some food in his stomach.

But when he hears the sound of melodious laughter and angelic voice speaks with happiness, his heart stops for a moment and he registers that the boy he loves is happy. And he should be. He also should be happy for Youngjae because Youngjae was able to stand up for his unsympathetic self.

Walking in and ignoring the looks, Jackson was the first to spark the conversation between every members.

"Leader-shi, where ya been? Did you hibernate nicely?"Jackson inquired jokingly, making the leader force a smile on his comportment.

"Yeah, I did actually. But since summer is coming, I came back."Jaebum responded to the joke, making the two youngest Maknae grin.

"Time to annoy the bear!"BamBam shouted, making half of them chuckle and the Maknaes, excluding Youngjae, rush over to their leader with wide grins. He gives them his fake smile and pats their head.

"Aish, you brats. Leave me alone before I have a honeycomb on your head and bees will chase you."Jaebum threatens playfully and flicks Yugyeom and BamBam forehead. He walks away with the coffee and returns to his room with the two youngest whining to Jinyoung about his bad behavior.

"See, next time don't provoke a bear."Jackson says.

"I can hear you idiot!"Jaebum shouts, hearing their loud laughter echoes throughout the thin walls of the dorms.

The forced smile is dropped when he enters his room. He shuts the door softly and feels so completely weak in the legs that he needs the hold onto the door handle with both hands. Not realizing he had dropped the hot coffee on his foot.

"Shit!"Jaebum curses and tried to move out the way but his foot gets caught in the hot coffee and broken shards of the cup. Loud footsteps are storming down the halls and the door burst open, reviewing every member. Except Youngjae.

While he was being tended, he listens to the lectures and concerns. But what made his heart skip a beat and sink deeper was when Youngjae appeared.