Supernova

SUPERNOVA

Chapter 1

Bella

I looked through the trees to where the horizon was brightening, and smiled with pleasure. I enjoyed watching the sunrise; it never ceased to amaze me. I would read in my rocking chair all night while Renesmee slept, and found myself looking forward to the sunrise. It felt refreshing, and though I never slept, I enjoyed having a definite beginning for my days.

I closed the tattered volume I was reading, laid it on the table next to my chair, and walked inside the cottage I shared with Edward and Renesmee. The sound of snoring had intrigued me, and looking for its origin I found Jacob lying on the couch, feet hanging off the end. He was dressed in cutoff sweatpants and a very short, tight shirt. I must have appeared confused because I suddenly heard the delicious sound of my husband behind me.

"I told him he could sleep on the couch," Edward spoke up, unamused, "I found him sitting outside Renesemee's window again."

I looked up and smiled at my beautiful Edward, while various memories floated through my mind. I kissed him lightly on the lips, electricity sizzling between us at the slightest touch. Four years together and nothing had changed, I liked that about us.

I cast another curious look at Jacob and Edward chuckled.

"I gave him one of my t-shirts to wear. I don't like him hanging around Renesmee half naked."

"That shouldn't surprise me," I murmured, snuggling close while Edward snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me to his side.

"What do you mean, love?" Edward asked, his voice barely a whisper.

"You didn't like him hanging around me half naked either," I looked up at him, recollection flashing in my eyes, "But you didn't subject him to your wardrobe."

Edward let a breathy laugh escape, "This is my daughter we are talking about. I don't want an exposed chest around my four year old."

I shook my head, stifling the argument before it started. Renesmee had only been on this earth four short years, but she looked as though she were fourteen, and acted as though she were older than that. Edward would never consider her as the young adult that she was becoming, but as her physical age. It was a source of frustration for us, and it was usually best not to argue with him. The entire family had learned that the hard way.

Edward and I stood in the living room of our cottage and held each other for what seemed like hours, but was most likely only a few minutes. He kissed my forehead and walked towards our bedroom, pulling me with him as he went. I reluctantly let our hands break apart, and Edward turned to look at me.

I motioned to Jacob. Edward shook his head.

"He's out. I don't think a freight train running through the cottage could wake him. He has been patrolling the last 24 hours straight."

"What about Renesmee?" I asked. She was extremely disturbed when our bedroom activity woke her up. Edward grinned, impishly. His appetite for me was seldom satisfied.

"I want to go to the house for a few minutes so I can return Carlisle's book before he leaves for work. I'd like to be back in time to cook breakfast for Nessie," I stated, walking out of the living room and back onto the porch to retrieve the book.