The Trip and Pancakes!

It is a sunny morning and I just woke up to see the sun shining through my window. Suddenly my Mum burst into my room. "We are going on holidays Alexis!", my Mum screamed into my ear. I yawned, it was only 4 in the morning. "Mum, please don't scream!", I asked in frustration. "Oh, sorry honey, but you need to start packing. We are going in 15 minutes!", my mum whisper yelled into my ear. "Alright",  I said, while looking out my window. 

I stood up and walked to closet. I grabbed my hair brush out of the closet and brushed my hair. Suddenly my Mum burst into my room again. I was ready to go, so my Mum grabbed my hand and pulled me to the car. 

It was a long drive, when I mean long, it was a 13 hour drive. When we finally arrived I saw my cousins - Ashley, Jane, Jake and Aaron. In a way, I was excited, but also I was scared. As I walked into the large house in the middle of nowhere, my cousin Jake ran up to me and hugged me tighter then ever  before. My cousin Jake is only 5 years old so I try to be kind to him but I don't like hugs. It was so late and I was tired that my cousins and I explored the house for only a little while, before telling each other spooky stories and heading off to bed. 

My bed was a bunker with Ashley. I got to sleep on the bottom bunk. When I woke up the next morning I heard my Dad yelling, "Pancakes everyone!"  I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen and gobbled up some pancakes. They were best pancakes my Dad has ever cooked, and far better than any I've ever tasted!