Chapter 1: Big News

"The view is amazing up here," I say. We are at the top of the Statue of Liberty and I can say that I've never seen a view as amazing as this.

Michael and I have been on the road for about three months now. Most of the time is spent on the road, but I don't mind. It's created us some great memories.

We've done some hunting here and there, not staying towns for too long. But when we reach our destination, we stay for about a week and a half before moving on to the next thing. Speaking of which...

"What's next?" I ask, pushing away from the ledge. I take Michael's hand and swing it back and forth with mine.

He shrugs. "I don't know," he says. "What else is there to see?"

I sigh. "I don't know. We have done just about everything, huh?"

We leave the Statue of Liberty and make it back to our hotel, neither of us saying anything. "Michael," I say, sitting down on the bed. "I think I'm ready to return home."

He looks up at me from whatever he is doing by the sink. "You sure?" He asked. "I asked you if you wanted to go back the other day and you said no."

I shrug. "I guess I changed my mind," I say. "I'm missing Dean, honestly. And everyone else."

He nods. "That's understandable. We can start heading to Bobby's tomorrow."

I smile. "Okay," I say. "I'm going to go shower."

Once in the shower, my thoughts start to get the best of me. What if I show up and they turn me away? What if Dean remembered what it was like to be without a kid and realized he didn't want me anymore? And what about Derek? I know that he's probably upset that I basically chose Michael over him. He probably hates me. 

Not that I should really care... I love Michael. And the more time we spend together, the more I fall in love with him. I could never erase my feelings for him.

But on the other hand, the thought of seeing Derek excites me. As if my old feelings for him are coming back to life. And it's terrifying.

When I'm done with my shower, I get out and quickly change. Michael is already asleep and I sigh, climbing into bed next to him.

I'm not going lie. I'm a little disappointed he's fallen asleep so fast. We haven't really done... It... Since our first time. I mean, sure. We've had sex a couple times since then, but not really.

I have troubles falling asleep, but I must have at some point because next thing I know, Michael is shaking me awake.

"We should start heading out," he says to me and I groan, not ready to get up. This causes him to laugh. "Come on, Em. You can sleep in the car."

I sigh and slowly climb out of bed. After Michael is done checking us out of our hotel, we climb into the mustang. I pull out my phone and check the time: 4:00 am. I roll my eyes and lean my head against the window. I should probably give Dean a heads up, but I'm so tired.

"Text Dean before you fall back asleep," Michael says as if he was reading my thoughts.

I sigh again and unlock my phone. I text him that we are on our way to Bobby's. Not two minutes later, I get a text back saying that they'll meet us there.

***

When we pull up to Bobby's, every inch of my body is telling me to get out and stretch, but when I see the impala in front of us, I freeze.

"What if they don't want me back," I say and Michael gives my knee a squeeze.

"Come on," he says. "They're probably all excited to see us. Let's not keep them waiting any longer."

I sigh and take a deep breath before I open the door and slam it shut. I stretch my legs, happy to finally be out of the car after driving for days with little stopping. Michael didn't want to make motel prices since we are running out of money, so we slept in the car each night we were on the road.

The front door swings open, causing me to jump. Sam and Dean trail out, smiles on their faces.

"Hey!" Dean says, coming up to me. He envelopes me in a big hug and I hug him back. I hadn't realized how much I missed my dad until now.

When we pull away, he turns to Michael. "Hey," Michael says. "Good to see you again Dea-"

Dean punches him in the face and I jump back. "Dad!" I yell, getting between the two of them. Even Sam seemed to surprise.

"That's for running away with my daughter," Dean says.

Michael shakes himself and nods to Dean. "I probably deserved that." I roll my eyes and look up to see Carter and Derek standing on the porch.

"Where's Bobby?" I ask, my heart falling when I don't see him.

"On a call," Dean says. "He's helping out a hunter in Michigan. Left yesterday morning."

I sigh. "Damn."

"Emma!" Carter yells from the porch. "I made you guys some cookies! Come in and have some."

I walk up the porch and stop to give her a hug. I turn to Derek, but he just smirks and walks into the house. I shake my head, trying to ignore the twinge I get from the rejection.

We all sit around the table. "Tell us about your trip," Carter says. "And you better not leave out anything."

She gives me a hinting smile and Dean must have noticed this because he chokes on his cookie, causing him to cough. "Just tell us about all the places you visited. You don't have to necessarily tell us every thing."

I look up to my father who is now chugging down a glass of water. His cheeks are red, but probably not nearly as red as mine. Michael and I tell them about our hunts and all the cool places we saw.

"I'm pretty sure I saw Miley Cyrus while we were in Hollywood," I say.

Michael shakes his head. "No," he say. "That definitely wasn't her."

I roll my eyes and we all laugh. Michael takes my hand and gently rubs it with his hand. I notice Dean give it a pointed look, but he doesn't say anything.

"I'm going to bed," Derek adbruptly says. He stands up and leaves the room without another word.

"Yeah, I'm out, too. It was a long drive," Michael says. He soon follows after.

Carter throws Sam and Dean a look. They seem confused because Carter then says, "Hey. You two doofs. I think Emma and I need some serious girl time. Get out."

Dean puts his hands up in a defensive stance. "Hey," he says. "Just make sure I can't hear it from the living room."

We laugh as him and Sam leave. Once they're gone, Carter immediately turns to me. "So," she says. "Tell me. Is Michael good in bed?"

My eyes go wide. "We aren't talking about this."

She laughs. "I'm kidding! But you did confirm my thoughts."

I roll my eyes but laugh with her. "What do you want to talk about then?"

She sighs, a sad, almost scared, look filling her features. "You have to promise not to kill me, okay?"

I nod. "Yeah, of course. What's wrong?"

She bites her bottom lip. "Well, one night, no one was home. The Winchesters were on a hunt, Bobby was, I don't remember. And so it was just Derek and I and well... We maybe, kind of, sort of slept together."

My eyes go wide and I can't help but feel slightly betrayed. "You did what?"

She throws up her hands. "No. Please. Don't be mad at that. That's not even the worst part."

"Then what is it, Carter?" I say, suddenly very nervous.

Tears fill her eyes and she takes a deep breath. "Emma, I'm..." she says, trying to gain courage. "I'm pregnant."