Puberty

I got this idea from a Light Novel entitled "Desire" written by Maki Kazumi. Did not  like it that much so I dropped it and wrote this instead. Also, forgot to say this years ago when I first published this but mature content at the end so consider yourselves warned.
- Akaichi

* * *

"I wonder why, when I look at you, I get turned on."

Whatever Yamaguchi Tadashi was about to swallow got stuck in his throat, successfully cutting off the oxygen in his system and made him gag. He coughed and whacked his chest in his useless attempt to get the chunk of croquet that choked him back up his mouth to vomit.

Tsukishima Kei, his bestfriend and the culprit of his situation right now, patted him on the back and offered him a bottle of water which Yamaguchi accepted with a glare and drank greedily. He sighed in relief when his chest eased up.

"What the fuck Tsukki?!" He bursted out once he could finally breathe, "Are you trying to kill me?"

"I just told you I get turned on by you - I wasn't trying to rape you or anything." Tsukishima replied nonchalantly, like it was Yamaguchi's fault he choked because he overreacted.

"Seriously, Tsukki. I mean, who in their right mind tells another person they get horny because of them?"

Tsukishima shrugged. "Me, apparently."

Yamaguchi shook his head in disbelief. This handsome blond best friend of his was usually quiet; he only ever saw him talk ebulliently when they were kids, little Tsukki fanboying over his big brother. But there still are moments when this boy would say things that are sometimes weird enough to take Yamaguchi aback.

Like now.

Yamaguchi sighed. "Whatever, Tsukki. You're just hungry."

"We just ate." There was an implied duh in Tsukishima's tone. Well, of course - Yamaguchi almost rolled his eyes at that. They were actually at the rooftop of their school to eat lunch because Tsukkidoesn't like it when his surrounding is too loud or with too many people. He likes it when everything is quiet - except for Yamaguchi's voice and the music in his headphones.

"T-then I don't know! Puberty, I guess? Ask Mitsuya-sensei if you want answers." Mitsuya-sensei is their science teacher.

Yamaguchi looked up to Tsukishima when his friend stood up. "Whatever. I was just wondering anyways." Then he walk to the door without even waiting for Yamaguchi who spluttered curses at his bestfriend and hastily took all their bento boxes from the floor before he followed Tsukishima down the rooftop.

* * *

Yamaguchi doesn't want to admit it but what Tsukishima told him the other day at the rooftop during lunch really bothered him. He keeps on wondering why, why did Tsukki tell him that? What does that even mean?

Damn Tsukki. Now Yamaguchi can't sleep at night.

So one time he was at Shimada-san's place to practice his jump float serve, Yamaguchi was so spaced out he accidentally got hit by a ball on the head. Shimada-san ran to him to check if he was fine.

Yamaguchi gave him an awkward smile. My, that hurt like a bitch! It feels like Yamaguchi's brain got shaken inside his cranium. "I'm fine! Sorry, it was my fault. I shouldn't be spacing out during practice."

Shimada-san eyed him worriedly. "What's wrong? I'm here to listen if you need someone to talk to. You do know that you're already like a younger brother to me."