He made him happy.

Third POV

Rick's group drove to the gates of hilltop. Rick stepped out and waved his hand.
"What are you doing here?"
"We have hurt people. We need a doctor." Rick said as the guys guarding gates looked at each other and opened the gates.
They drove in as Aaron holding Maggie in his hands got out of the RV. The doctor ran towards Aaron holding Maggie.
"What happened to her?"
"She had really big stomach ache's." Rick talked quietly looking down. Jesus ran out of the house and jogged to Rick. Rick carefully pulled Daryl out as Jesus helped.
"Rick, what happened?" Jesus asked and looked over Rick who looked so sick, all pale.
"Negan.." Rick managed to whisper.
They put Maggie and Daryl in beds. Harlan started checking Maggie who was passed out.
"Jesus, clean around Daryl's wound." Harlan ordered as Jesus started doing it what the doctor ordered. He started opening Daryl's shirt as Daryl started closing his eyes.
"Daryl, stay awake" Jesus whispered as Daryl opened his eyes trying to not to close them. Jesus finally unbuttoned the black shirt.
"I will have to pull the shirt off fully. You will have to move" Jesus whispered so Daryl could hear.

Jesus helped Daryl to lift his back a bit and pulled the shirt off him. Jesus picked a piece of cloth and dipped it water and started cleaning the blood around the wound. Daryl couldn't hold his eyes open. He slowly closed them. Jesus looked to Daryl's face as his eyes grew wide.

"Harlan, he passed out!" Jesus looked at the doctor as he ran to Daryl.
"He lost a lot of blood." He stated as he went to the counter looking for something.

After some time Jesus and Harlan started working on Daryl's wound. Harlan pulled out the bullet as Jesus started sewing the wound.

"You know what to do. I'm going to Maggie" The doctor left as Jesus finally finished.

 He started to bandage the wound. Jesus noticed a lot of scars on Daryl's back and some on his stomach. He liked the tattoo that he saw on his back. He pulled a blanket on Daryl and moved hair from his face and cleaned it with a cloth slowly examine his face.

"Do you like him?" Harlan asked making Jesus move away from Daryl. Both man stared at each other.

"I don't know. I wish I knew him better... He seems to be really interesting. He is so mysterious. It makes me want to know him better." Jesus talked looking over sleeping redneck.

"It's a good opportunity to be there for him... Maggie's husband died. Aaron said that he was from the start with them..." Harlan sighed and left.

First thing in the morning Jesus came into infirmary and went to check on Daryl. He wasn't so pale anymore which made Jesus feel happy. He saw Maggie walking up to Daryl's bed.

"Maggie, shouldn't you be in bed-"
"I want to stay here... We talked with Glenn that this would be perfect for the baby..." Maggie looked at Jesus with tears in her eyes.
"Of course." Jesus smiled and rubbed her back. "Now let's get you to the bed." Jesus led her and helped her to lay down.

Jesus was sitting on the chair beside Daryl's bed. He was reading some detective book. The male heard a grunt making him look up to Daryl who was awake trying to sit up.

"You can't move. Lay down." Jesus ordered staring with his bright eyes at Daryl who still moved and sat up resting his back against a pillow.
"Where am I?" Daryl asked.
"At Hilltop..." Jesus said quietly as Daryl stared at his hands.
"How are you feeling?" Jesus leaned closer so he could see Daryl's face more clearly. Daryl glanced at the other man. Daryl's eyes filled with tears as they were streaming down his face and hit his hands. Jesus stared at crying Daryl with worried look on his face.
"I'm so selfish.. Glenn died because of me-"
"No. I was the one who dragged you all into this..." Jesus talked smiling sadly.
"They were at us before you. We would have killed 'em anyways." Daryl said and still kept looking down at his hands. Jesus sat on the edge of Daryl's bed.
"It's still not your fault." Jesus whispered as Daryl glanced at him. Jesus placed his hand on top of Daryl's. "It's not. Don't blame yourself."
Daryl looked at Jesus and slowly moved his hand away. Jesus smiled at his actions and got off the bed.
"Where's Rick?" Daryl asked wiping the tears away.
"He is fine. Everyone is." Jesus talked and started to leave but stopped and turned his head towards the redneck "I'll bring you something to eat" and left.
Daryl touched his hand where Jesus placed his arm. He liked it but he just didn't want to Jesus to know he is gay. Nobody knew or imagined him being gay. Daryl got out of the bed and walked to the window seeing people working, walking around. He clenched his fist and hit the wall. And again, and again, and again.
"I should've killed you" He whispered and looked at the scar from burning himself with a cigarette. Daryl sat down on the ground staring at one dot. Daryl Dixon was broken.