authors note + chapter 1

hey guys!! please keep in mind that i usually write in lowercase, (bad grammar, i know) and that this is my first fanfic. i do tend to write a lot, but me, myself writing for other people is something i am not used to, but if you have any recommendations, go ahead and share :)

chapter 1.
"anak, its time to go move in!" yelled my mom.

im a fourteen year old filipina, and my name is jeanne walker. because of my mom wanting me to have a better education and "life," we went ahead and moved to los angeles. a city that seems to be full of fuckboys and guys that listen to inapropiate music. blegh. los angeles is pretty cool though. there are a lot of sights to see, and wayyy more nicer than my home back in the bay area (the bay area's still hecka nice though).

i haven't gone to school yet since we moved in during the summer, but school starts tomorrow. and do you know what that means? BACK TO SCHOOL SHOPPING. i'm obsessed with calligraphy and nice japanese school supplies, so we're heading to ALL the cheap japanese stores. i'll probably be broke by the end of the day, but it's worth it!

- - - 2 hours later - - -

"aye, anak you need to hurry!"

"yes ma, i'll be there soon."

i quickly paid for my food and started to run to my mom. but i bumped into someone in the process.

"oww! what the hell?" a guy i didn't know said. he was extremely cute, and had really deep dimples.

"i'm so sorry, i had to rush to my mom. did i spill anything on you?" dang, first time i see a cute non-fuckboy, and i already screwed it up. way to go jeanne!

"hey, it's fine." i stared at his brown eyes. although brown wasn't an amusing color as green or blue. i seemed to get lost in his eyes.

i was pulled out of the staring when he looked down at my sweatshirt, which said "bay area." it was from a store called brandy melville, maybe that's a store popular in l.a. too. i cleared my throat, " um excuse me, if you don't mind, i'll be leaving now."

"oh yea, okay."

i awkwardly looked at the guy before walking to my mom. "huh?" i thought. he seemed weird.

"anak, let's go home now. it's getting late." i
followed my mom, and out the mall we went.