The White Cliffs

Phil's Point Of View.

The sky was a deep grey and there was not a patch of blue to be seen, almost as if the sky was swallowed by the clouds in an attempt to dampen the moods of all who were present. I was up earlier than usual to see the ships leave, something I'd always enjoyed from being a child except this time it felt weirdly eerie, as I was alone and the morning sky was not as bright as I remembered it. I knew that there was a high chance of rain as I had watched the news last night however I still decided to take a morning stroll, not even stopping to grab an umbrella. Honestly I'm not quite sure I'd packed  one as I was only here for inspiration and to let my mind wander as I needed a break from the real world. 
As if on cue, a  few seconds later I felt a blob of rain catch the back of my neck my whole body shaking as the cold bead ran down the back of my shirt making its way down my pale back until it reached the crevice of my jeans. Out of no where the rain came down as heavy as bricks, my body quickly reacted, with the sudden outburst I started to jog trying to find some form of cafe or diner to take shelter in and get some food until the storm blew over. The rain was pounding heavier and heavier and my jog became faster and faster but then all of a sudden I stopped dead. There was a man.
He was stood on the very edge of a cliff, peering over the side into to murky depths below. He was tall, in all black with a haircut similar to mine. I was suddenly curious to know who this man was and what he was doing.
"Hello!" I shouted, to gain no reply. Not even realising what I had done until I had done it. I screamed "Erm Hello, are you deaf?!" This time gaining a short reply from the man on the cliff. "Hey" he stuttered wearily, he sounded tired and as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. "Are you okay?" I asked, slowly approaching the man with cation. "Yeah I'm fine, leave me alone!" He replied, with an angry tone, leaving a chill through my spine as he spoke. " I'm Phil, who are you?" I asked hoping to get a real answer from him, trying to keep his head occupied all while getting soaked from the bucketing rain. "I'm Dan, why do you care anyway?" The man gave in, sighing as he spoke. "Why are you stood right at the edge Dan? It's really dangerous you know, you could fall"  I asked, oblivious to his intentions at the time. " I'm ending it all. It's not like anyone would care. My family disowned me years ago and now my friends have too. My best friend died last week and I am literally on my own. I cannot cope anymore, I ha e nothing and no one to live for." He says, his head dropping further than it already was. "You should leave, you don't need to see this"
At this point I was behind him. I grabbed his arms and I pulled him away against his will as he struggled to pull away but my grip only tightened and my will only became stronger, I could not let a man end his life knowing I could have saved him.
I spam him around. His features took me back as he didn't look as if expected. His face was pale, as if he hadn't seen the sun for months. He had deep brown eyes that looked as if they held the key to his brain. They were tired and sad, the sparkle was no where to be seen yet they were dreamy but glazed as he had obviously made an attempt to not cry. He had thin pale lips. They were chapped and bitten, maybe he had a nervous habit or obsession that made him do certain small things. But the thing that stood out the furthest was the lack of light his face gave off. His features were dark and it was obvious to see he had not been happy for a long time. He was slowly dying inside and his face made it clear to see.
"Would you like to come and get breakfast with me?" I started, my entire body shaking from the cold "surely you don't want to stay here it's freezing and the rain is only going to get worse. Plus there are worse people than me that could have found you."
"Fine" the man replied, his eyes slowly sinking back down to his shoes as he started to walk beside me, looking to find the first place we could buy a hot drink.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 02, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Pink Lemonade ~ D&Pजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें