Percabeth: Aboard on the ARGO II

This story was created by me, I do not own any of the characters of stories in this fan fiction. I hope you like it and enjoy it :-)

I looked up at the ceiling, unable to sleep, just like every other night. If I closed my eyes, I knew the nightmares will haunt me, but then...If i lay awake, I could still feel the cold shiver behind my neck, which was as terrifying as seeing my friends posessed by eidolons. I thought of somehow using the laptop Daedalus gave me as a distraction, but seeing all of those creations left to do, made me think that maybe I wouldn't live enough to...creat them. Thinking of the future made me want to cry, thinking of the past, gave me nostalgia. So, then, what could I think about without being perturbed? I don't know.

I changed my positions at least fifteen times, but I never seemed to be comfortable enough to simply be relaxed. So I decided to get out of my room and walk around the deck of the ARGO II. Even though we've been days there, Leo's creation always surprised me more and more. Yes, it took him seven months to build this ship, but it was obiously much more than what all of us expected it to be. Looking down made me feel a little dizzy, which was weird because I had done a lot of... dangerous things before. Stabbed a cyclops in its foot when i was seven years old, held up the sky (yep, literally), was currently following the Mark of Athena, but still...there's nothing that scares me more than spiders. Dizziness? Man, I could handle that. I started to wonder what I would do if a monster came out of nowhere attacking. Could I be fast enough to wake up my friends and not be destroyed? When i decided I couldn't be on my own any longer in there, I thought of going to Percy's room for like the thousandth time, but this time I did it. Would he be sleeping? Would he be awake because he was terrified of the nightmares aswell? I would found out. When I walked in his room, I don't know if I was dissapointed for thinking that my boyfriend would actually be tormenting himself with thoughts that were not related to blue food. I think I was relieved, he was drooling as crazy and I couldn't help but smile a little. I sat on the edge of the bed, trying not to wake him up from whatever dream he seemed to be enjoying. I looked at him for a big while, inspecting closely all of his features. It was kind of weird that he looked more attractive everyday, specially when sleeping. Enough sleeping for this seaweed brain I thought.

"Seaweed brain" i shook his shoulders "wake up". No need for me to say it again. He woke up alarmed and then looked at me.

"What is it?" he asked. "Is everyone okay? Is there something going on?" his voice was raspy and tired.

"Everything is allright, don't worry" I replied.

He raised an eyebrow. "Then?"

I just wanted to look at your green eyes for me to feel safe again.

"Nothing" I shrugged. "Just want to be with you, can I?"

He smiled a little, moving to the other edge of the bed so I could lay down by his side. I was as close to him as I could be. My head on his shoulder and his hand playing with my messed up curls.

"Let me guess," he said after a while "you couldn't sleep".

I nodded, but wondered if he noticed. "Pretty much... I... I wasn't sleepy at all".

"How could you not? Everyday in this ship is so exhausting to me".

"Well, some of us simply cannot get to sleep" my voice shook a little.

"I know" he sighed. "I mean, yeah, sometimes I feel so tired but I still can't sleep".

I wanted to ask him if he was having nightmares too, what they showed, to comfort him... just as much as I wanted to tell him about my nightmares so I could get rid off that weight in my chest that suffocated me more and more every minute. But none of us could talk about that so easily, not even Leo, not even Piper. It relieved me a little the fact that I wasn't the only one having nightmares, but then I felt guilty for feeling relieved...if that makes any sense.