ØNE

~Addison pov~

Today was the usual. Go to school, come home, do nothing. During first period everyone was talking about this band coming to town. Now in Arcata California, it isn't often "famous" people do visit.

At lunch i sat in the back as usual. I was okay not having any friends. I didn't want to let anyone down if I happen to make a mistake and ruin everything. Maybe one day i will find someone to talk to and share intrests and then find a guy fall in love and get married and have children. But then again i dream a lot. Until i snap back into reality realizing that will probably never happen.

"Umm excuse me?" An unfamiliar voice asked.

When i look up i see a guy with red hair bending down to my height.

"Im a little lost. Mind pointing me to Big Pete's Pizza?" He spoke again

He must have been really lost because that place is closed.

"Oh sorry i didn't know thanks though."

I must have said that out loud because he was soon gone. He took off to god knows where to do god knows what. Not that it bothers me i just wish i wasn't in this hell called school.

I got home late after driving around for a while. As i walked inside i saw my parents sitting at the kitchen table talking to people. I recognized one of them.

"Oh Addi, your finally home." My mother spoke softly walking towards me. "I would like to introduce you to our new guests Josh and Tyler."

They both turned around and looked at me. The red haired boy looked at me and went to say something before i cut him off and ran out the door as fast as i could. I ran to my car started the engine. Not a clue of where i was going i quickly backed out of the drive way. I noticed the red haired boy came out and started to follow me. But when i left he stopped.

I felt bad for leaving but what was i supposed to do stay and let him know me as the weird girl outside a school saying things that were supposed to be in my head no way. But now they would know me as the weird girl who ran away. I decided on spending the night in my car. There was always an extra pair of clothes in the back seat.

As it was nearing dark i climbed into the back seat after parking in an abandoned lot. I started to drift off to sleep. That night my dream was unlike anything i have ever dreamt.

"Hey Addi thats a cute name." The red haired boy said leaning closer to me.
"Why don't we i don't know do something later if you are up to it?" He leaned in even closer while i nodded my head.

As we were about to kiss i felt someone shake me awake.

"Hey Addi right?" The brown haired boy question as i sat up. I just nodded my head. I couldn't speak. Not now at least. I was to embarrassed. What if he thought I was stupid and disgusting for running off like that. My face turned red and he answered the silence. "I'm Tyler just in case you were wondering why a weird guy knows your name." He laughed trying to make things less akward. I said nothing just lightly smiled. "This is Josh." He said pointing to the red haired boy standing behind him.

Josh. I thought to myself. What a cute name. No i cant he looks older and im only 17. Almost 18. No stop dont think like that it will never happen. Suddenly i was shaken from my thoughts as Tyler spoke again.

"Hello?" He said putting his hand on mine. "Are you alright Addi?" He questioned. I shook my head and smiled again.

"Well we better get going" said Josh. Tyler quickly let go of my hand. "Here's my number. Call if you need anything he said before turning around and following Josh back to their car and driving away.

I jumped back up to the front seat and drove off back home. As it was Saturday and i didn't have school. When i got home my parents ran outside and greeted me with open arms and tears.

"Oh my baby, are you alright are you hurt?" My mother asked squeezing me until i could barely breathe.

"Can't...Breathe." i said while gasping for air. When my mother finally let me go i took a good long breath filling ny lungs back up with air.

"Oh Addi we were so worried. Why did you leave?" My sister asked. "Oh yeah like you were so worried, you could care less if i came back you probably already moved my stuff out of my room."

I hated my sister Stephanie. She got everything she coukd ever ask for. She had bright blonde hair, blue eyes, straight white teeth and my parents always got her anything she wanted. It's like at the snap of her fingers everyone would bow down and praise her for just breathing.

"Addison Marie Walsh don't speak to your sister that way she cares about you, a lot and we were all worried." My mom lectured.

"Stephanie wouldnt give a damn if i jumped off a bridge just as long as she didnt have to go to the funeral." I yelled back running back to my car and driving off. Once again. Every time I did it I felt even worse.

I went back to the parking lot from last night and pulled out my phone. I noticed Tylers contact

Ty💀

So i decide to text him not that i needed anything.

Me: Hey Ty💀

Within seconds as if he was waiting for me he texted back.

Ty💀: Hey Addi. Everything okay?

Me: Yeah just got a lecture from my mom then yelled at her and drove away again.

Ty💀: That sounds like a personal problem. 😜

Ty💀: Mind if i give Josh your number?

Me: As you wish.

Ty💀: Okay well i am going to leave you two to talk. Peace.

Then as i was going to say bye Josh texted me.

Josh: Hey i hope you dont mind i asked for your number if this is akward I'll delete it and pretend this never happened.

Me: No i dont mind at all. I just really want to talk to anyone who will listen.

Josh: I'm all ears. Or phones. Or whatever.