My life

Trinity

Today is my birthday.

I am 17 now!

I walk down the stairs. Passing my father's room, I remember the day we found him dead in front of the house.

Everyone thought it was a heart attack.

It didn't seem like it.

I shake my head. Today is my birthday. Nothing can make me sad.

My mother is nowhere in sight so I make pancakes for breakfast.

"You know, you have a really nice bed head. And I love the pyjamas with the bunnies and hearts and puppies."

I turn my head and look at my mum.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny."

"But it's true."

I glance down at my clothes and realize that I'm still in my pyjamas.

I spring upstairs and pick my clothes. It's summer so I wear shorts and a blue crop top with my Converse All Star boots.

Then I comb my long caramel blond hair into a messy bun and apply make up.

In a heartbeat, my outfit is ready and I rush down to eat.

"That's better, sweetheart. Now. Happy Birthday!"

She screams engulfing me in a hug.

"Thanks mum."

"Shall we then?"

"Of cource mum! Where to?"

I ask, taking her extended hand.

"The bookstore!"

We laugh and get into the car.

Every year on my birthday, we go to the bookstore and buy every book I want.

.............................................................

I fall in my bed. It's 23.00.

After the bookstore I spent the whole day reading my new books on the couch.

Now I'm in my room, because mum wants to sleep.

So I open the next book.

"Secrets of the Crensow family" (A/N: that's a real book my friend is writing at the moment.)

I start reading.

I'm about to finish the book, when I hear a hushed voice coming from mum's room.

I get out of bed and walk silently to her door.

It's half open so I can see what's going on.

My mum speaks again.

"Send the letter back to McGonagal. She will not attend Hogwarts."

I am shocked. As far as I know, mum has never read the Harry Potter books.

What the hell is going on?

Mum brings out a wand and...

Wait!

A wand?

She starts whispering incantations.

Then everything gets in place and I understand.

I cough to make my presence known.

"What are you doing here?"

"You're a witch!"

"That's none of your concern!"

"It is my concern! If you're a witch, that means I'm a witch too! I could have studied at Hogwarts and never go through the bullying at school. I could have had a different life."

Then it strucks me.

"Dad was a wizard too! He got killed by the killing curse! It wasn't a heart attack!"

I am so angry that my face had gone red.

Mum speaks.

"You ungrateful child! I kept you here to protect you and you dare to yell at me! No one disobeys me!"

She is scaring me. She is never like that. I try to talk.

"Mu-"

"Don't mum me!"

"All those years I was with you. Your father thought it was better to move to the Wizarding world. You're too Gryffindor for your own good! And we don't need Gryffindors in our family. You'll go exactly as your father! Two words."

She points her wand at me.

"Avada Kedavra!"

Instinctively, I raise my hands in front of my face. Yeah I know. Stupid move.

A light knocks me off my feet and when I stand up again, the room is destroyed.

I look around. My mum is laying there, lifeless. It seems like the spell rebounded but... I'm so scared I decide to run away from the house.

Thinking quickly, I search the house for anything that might has something to do with magic, according to the Harry Potter books.

I find some small keys and an owl.

I pack my things and take my mother's wand.

While searching for anything useful, I spot some old books on the top of the bookcase. I limb on a chair and get them down.

They are dirty and so old that i think they are over a thousand years old.

The first one has a familiar title.

Hogwarts a history.

The other one was a book without a title and empty pages.

I stuff both of them in my trunk and head to the fireplace.

Mum never cleaned the dust from the fireplace and it was always something that didn't make sence.

Now I recognize the dust as floopowder. Taking a handful I step into the fireplace and yell.

"Diagon Alley"

Stepping out of the fireplace I look around. This doesn't look like Diagon Alley.

I tighten the grip on my coat and walk around.

I hear a sound and the next thing I know is that I'm pinned down by a weird animal.

Something like dog and human and... wolf??

Then I remember what I've read.

A werewolf.

I start screaming and crying for help but a sharp pain in the back of my head stops me from screaming and the last thing I see before the blackness is two faces.

Two familiar faces.