Prologue

Meredith Antoinette Bosque, born the 18th of December, 1959.

                    Born to the parents of Jaqueline and Angelino Bosque. 

Jaqueline; half-veela, half human. Half-breed wizard.

Angelino; pure-blood wizard.

            "Everyone has a rock bottom."

  "There's a dark side to everything."

            "Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people."

March 13th, 1967

The beautiful necklace shone from the stream of sunlight beaming through our apartment window. "Eet is magnifique!" I cheered. My arms shot outward, but Dad slipped it right out of my reach. A frown danced on my lips. 

"I do not theenk you understand ze importance of zis necklace. By geeving eet to you, I am trusting you. You mus' protect eet with your life." 

I nodded rapidly, admiring the red stone. It was going to look marvelous around my neck, I just knew it. Dad finally slid the necklace over my head. It got caught in my brown curls, but I quickly untangled the chain.

"Looks even better on," he complimented. 

My smile widened. Dad kissed my forehead before leading me to the kitchen for lunch that Mum had made. My new necklace dangled carelessly around my neck. The way Dad told me he trusted me with something so wonderful made me feel even more special.