Prologue

Have you ever just wanted to forget it all? Let away all of the days frustrations and angers, worries and fears. I have.
Things were changing soon. I've been helping my dad with his work. He's a mechanic, he spends long treacherous, and tiring hours under the base of cars, ambulances, motor bikes, four-wheelers. You name it, he works on it. There was only one little issue with that; though his boss had more money than I'll ever see in my life, he refused to pay my dad for his extra work for him. Let alone how much he deserved for working 14 hour days. Don't get me wrong. He had two bosses one; the main one, loved him like a son.
On the contrary, the main guys son, felt quite strongly about my dad as well; only his emotions, were quite different from his father's.
I had just gotten out of school and went to my dad's garage, to find him working on yet another ambulance.
"Hey, how was school?" He practically had to scream over the sound of machinery.
"It was good! How were things here?" I ask him gesturing around at the equipment strewn all over the first building.
"Okay! I'll be finished in just a minute. Then we can take this puppy for a ride. Maybe just to see how fast it will go. Sound like a plan?"
"Sure thing!"
Honestly, when it came to my dad's job, I wasn't very thrilled or intrigued by the idea of getting nasty, dirty, motor oil all over me. No, I'm not a priss. I'm not a popular. It just makes you stink like diesel fuel and it's hard to scrub off.
Though, my favorite part of dads job, was getting to test ride the equipment. Heck yeah!
You see, the thing about riding machinery is amazing. Normally, a girl would find the idea itself repulsive. Thankfully, I'm not very normal! It's like your worries are washed away as the wind sweeps your hair across your face.
Before long, dad was ready to test drive. Which also meant a long talk; mainly from him, and me turning up the radio to drown his voice out.
It may sound mean but believe me, you do not want to talk to your dad about how crappy your day had been in a place where nobody liked you.
I was different from the other kids, yeah. Different we'll say. I had a medical issue; cancer.
I've been a few years clean though. When I was in the hospital, I constantly listened to music, wrote, and done so many things. Needless to say, I wanted to turn my dream of being a successful musician into a reality. I had a problem there though: location.
I live in a small town in Kentucky. I want to go to California. That's where I want my start. That's how I've felt for 8 years now. I know I can do it. I will do it. One step at a time. I know one thing for sure;
California was my 'Beacon Of Hope'.