Chapter 1

Y/n Pov

"Hey...it's getting hard to start these little conversations we have everyday. Can we even call it a conversation if you don't talk back?" I asked looking at Camila as if she was going to respond. I sigh "I know you hear me, you may be going on the ninth month of your coma but I can still feel your presence." I said looking around the empty hospital room. I look back down at Camila. "I know it's not your time yet princess." I said.

I opened my book bag and brought out The Book Thief. Camila told me many times before it was her favorite, I thought maybe it would strike a chord in her body as I read it to her. "The only thing worse than a boy that hates you: a boy that loves you." I started from where I had left off last time.

**********

Alejandro Cabellos Pov

"The artificial being is a reality of perfect simulacrum, articulated in limb, articulate in speech and not lacking in human response." Johnny says as he walked over to the robot Dinah.

He then pinched her hand "ahh!!!" Dinah said with almost no emotion.

"...and even pain memory response. How did that make you feel? Angry? Shocked?" He asked Dinah.

"I don't understand." She replied.

"What did I do to your feelings?" He asked.

"You did it to my hand." She said.

Johnny sighed "Dinah open." He said and she opened her mouth. He took a microchip out of it. "I believe that my work on mapping the impulsive pathways of a single neuron can enable us to construct a mecha of a qualitatively different order. I propose that we build a robot, who can love." He finishes.

"Love?" One of my co-workers says unsure. "But we ship thousands of lover models every month. Dinah here was the first one built and we keep her here to demonstrate." He said pointing to Dinah.

Johnny turned to Dinah "Dinah what is love?" He asks.

"Love is first widening my eyes a little bit and quickening my breath a little and warming my skin and touching with my-"

"Exactly." Johnny said. "That's not love, that's forced action. That's what we have them thinking love is. I propose we give them actual feeling." He says.

"How do we know this will work?" I ask.

"They are already made. We just need the rest of the teams okay to put them out. So without further a do is there anyone against this?" He asked. My eyes scan the room as no one raised their hands. "Great, then it's decide the new mechas will come out tonight!" Everyone clapped their hands and began to pack up to go home.

I waited until Everyone left before I came up to Johnny. "Hey John."

"You want one don't you?" He asked. "It's been too long without Camila and you need something...well someone, I understand. I have the perfect one for you right here." We walked to the creating room and he brought out a mecha with jet black hair and piercing green eyes. "Alejandro meet Lauren." He said.

**********

"Sinu! Honey come here." I said as I put my stuff down.