DancerTard- Chapter one

"Avia, are you almost ready"? I heard mom ask from down the hallway. I slipped on a tank top and shorts then grabbed my phone off the charger. "I'm coming" I yelled. I had to rush after school on Wednesdays, since I had an early class at 4:30. As I ran downstairs, I saw Gavin playing XBOX in his room, and Emmi watching him. Brock was playing cars with Daxton, and dad was out in the field somewhere. I took my dance bag out of the closet by the front door then went outside to the car. I compete in competition dance, which means I have a competition normally once or twice a month. I've only been dancing for a few months, but my teachers say I'm the strongest dancer they have.

-at dance
--- As I walked into the studio, I saw Mrs. Jess sit down at her desk. She looked worried, I didn't know why though. "Hi Mrs. Jess"! I said as I walked past her desk in the entrance room. "Hey Avia, just put your bag in the sitting room by Studio A where we practice, okay"? She said. "Okay". I walked down the hallway then put my bag in a cubby. My mom walked upstairs then sat down next to the other moms. I could see her from where I danced, which was good. I walked into Studio A and started stretching. Nobody else was here yet, since it was only 4:15pm. However, you're supposed to show up about 15 minutes early, so I didn't know where everyone was. the door opened and Mrs. Jess and Frankie walked in. Frankie was Mrs. Jess's assistant, she was more athletic than Mrs. Jess was, so it's easier for Frankie to help us with our routines. "Avia, would you feel comfortable doing a solo this weekend, we really need to win". Mrs. Jess asked me. "I'd love to do a solo, as long as I know who I'm going against". I said. I started to get a little anxious, but I knew that I'd do fine. "Okay Avia, so since you just turned 11 your age group has changed. And this weekend the ALDC is competing in the same competition as us". As she said this I started to panic. "So, in your age group is JoJo Siwa, you've probably heard of her before, and that's your competition for the weekend". She said. My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe that I was competing against one of my biggest idols. "Woah, that's... well crazy"! I said. I looked at mom and she signaled me to come upstairs. "I'll be right back". I said, then ran out of the room. I sprinted up the stairs then jumped on mom. "Mom mom, Mrs. Jess is giving me a solo this weekend, and I get to compete against JoJo Siwa"! Moms face lit up with excitement as I said this. "Awesome"! She exclaimed. "I gotta go now". I said as I started to see people come.