Prologue

A good Italian restaurant. Was that too much to ask for? As he went on brooding over the fact, Antonio got dragged into the new restaurant which had opened just last month.

"Pakhi," He looked at his girlfriend wearily.

"Let's just hope they have good Italian. I think they do!" She sounded rather excited. Antonio might as well not break her happy bubble. But then, he wasn't going to anyway.

It was just that he was tired of eating the Indianised Italian food. And being the CEO of the popular Dream Publishers set up by his grandmother in Mumbai, he didn't have the choice to leave the city, let alone the country.

As soon as they got a table and took their seats, the devil of his phone started ringing loudly, attracting the other diners' attention.

He looked at Pakhi apologetically. "I have to take this."

"Ants, you are working overtime," she said, annoyance clearly etched on her face.

"I'm sorry girl, but I need to take this. Excuse me."

***

"Why will I not get a table for one? Is it a crime to be single?"

Antonio heard the raised voice as he made way back to the eatery.

A guy, shorter than himself, stood at the gate, arguing with the doorman who refused to let him in.

"Please sir, we have reservations for couples and families!"

Anyone could see through the lie. A month-old restaurant with reservations filled up to the brim? No way!

"This is such a pointless argument, let him get inside," Antonio pushed the doorman aside and held the gate open for the younger man.

"Thank you," the guy grumbled as he made way to an empty table.

Antonio headed to where the toilet stalls were and after he was done, made his way to a very pissed off girlfriend when he caught the eye of the guy from earlier.

He had an adorable look. Well, that was until he motioned at Antonio and called, "Hey, Waiter!"