For Me?

I might be called a novel type romantic person but I sure did want a romantic night.

Being fresh out college and not a fan of dating, the romance novels did seem to mock my loveless life.

I could not land a date with anyone but when my friend Loretto agreed to give me the night I wanted, to say I was delighted was an understatement. I was etastic.

Our date was tonight and I promised myself to make this night the best I ever had.

I dressed up in a red jumper with studded diamonds on the neckline, paired with a silver strap heels and a little purse. I was ready to go, but not without fixing my nappy curly hair which for this occasion was actually quite tamed.

The doorbell rang and it was time to go. I opened the door. "Good evening Loretto, you look handsome tonight" I said, as I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.
"Thank you Sabina, you look stunning". I blushed with this compliment.

We walked to his car, got settled in and Loretto drove off. Now, what is a date night without a little conversation in the car. "Loretto how is your mother, it's been a while I talked to her".

"Mum is doing well, she asked for you three days ago" Loretto told me. His mom was quite a charmer in her young days.

After a 10 minute ride we got to a restaurant, Trattoria Zero Otto Nove. He got out the car and accompanied me inside the restaurant. Two for Ricci. The host took us to our table "Here you go sir, best seats we have to offer with a beautiful view. Your waiter will be coming shortly"

We sat down and talked a little about the current events in our occupation. Loretto loved his job as fashion designer, so when he got his job with a fashion company I wasn't surprised that he took it.

The waiter came over and we ordered our food. I didn't go out that much but I did get what was recommended. To say the taste of the fettuccine was divine would be an understatement. I was enjoying the night while it lasted.

"My dear Sabina a toast to this night, as I have a gift waiting for you" Loretto told me. Coughing a little "A gift?" I said rather dramatically.

" Yes, a gift" he chuckled softly. Sabina had never enjoyed herself like this before so this was a surprise when she heard Loretto say that.

They paid for their food and left. Sabina was anxious to see where they would be going, unless the the night was over but the night was still young. "We are here Sabina" As I got out of the car I gasped. The sight was breath taking.

"Would like to walk with me milady?" He asked. "Of course"
As they walked on the bridge Sabina couldn't help but think how enchanting this was. She felt special and appreciated. It was her first date after all but she had never imagined it being this beautiful.

"Loretto why did you bring me here?" She asked him. "Well, it is your first date and I wanted it to be special so you can remember it forever" Her heart swelled at this statement.

She wrapped her hand around his waist, put her head on his shoulder and they walked side by side on the bridge.

Loretto was surprised by her bold move but gladly accepted her hand as they walked. He never thought he could be this happy. Was this woman his happy ending, his happily ever after. He wondered and pondered on that thought. He didn't want to be hurt by a woman who he had just taken out. Although they knew each other for a long time he didn't want to force her into anything.

"What are you thinking about Lorreto" Her voice drew me out of my thoughts. "I was actually thinking about tonight" I got nervous for a second because I definitely liked tonight and I hoped we will be able to do it again.

"I had fun, I don't know about you" I joked nervously. Chuckling softly he said " You humor me and yes I did enjoy my night" she walked over to the other side of the bridge and she felt a presence behind her.

"My lovely Sabina you know I have been waiting for this night just like you" Loretto's husky voice told her in her ear. Heart beating like crazy she turned around and put her arms around his neck. "Loretto I would never spend this night with another man than you" and she kissed him.

It was a bold move on her part but she liked the kiss and the way Loretto's lips moved with hers. She felt herself being drawn into the kiss until she pulled away to gasp for her. "Thank you Sabina for the kiss" he said chuckling. Blushing slightly she replied "It was my pleasure, as it was my first kiss"

"Then I'm happy to be the man you shared you first kiss with" She blushed again. He swiftly picked her up and ran up the bridge while she laughed and screamed.

Then she thought this man might give her the ending she had always wished for. But how to get her question across was a challenge. With a big smile on her face she tugged on his hair and he put her down but not without smirking for her previous action.

"Loretto get your mind out of the gutter" she said "Who said my mind was in the gutter" He replied with a wink. "I have a question" they both asked at the same time.

They both felt scared. What if neither of them were ready for this. Putting her fears aside she stated "Loretto thank you for this night, I never thought I would share my first kiss and date with you and I wanted you to know that I would be willing to this again"

Pushing back the little curl of hair that escaped behind her ear he said "My love I am deeply honored and of course I want to do this again my enchanted one. I was always absorbed by your beauty and kindness and I must say I am attracted to you. Will you night with me my darling?"

"I thought you would never ask" she replied. "Well isn't someone getting cocky" he joked. Punching him lightly on the arm she took his hand and they walked back to his car laughing. She wondered what would have happened if she had never thought of having a night with someone.