Whoever You Are

(Caution: May contain sex, gore,cursing, gay couplings,straight couplings,etc. Do not read if you can not brave it out. :3 Furthermore, do enjoy)

Dave POV

'Pain is physical suffering. From a scraped knee, to a broken arm, to emotional loss, or... to the darkness of our minds, it's there. The truth is that no matter how hard we try to pretend the reminders of our pain or our loved ones pain mocks our presence; it's unavoidable.'

My fingers stroke the keyboard as I write out the beginning of my novel; it's about you... whoever you are...

'I wanted to meet you, you're always on my mind. I wanted to tell you that as long as I am here for you everything will be okay; whoever you are'

I saved my document file before turning off my laptop for the night. My mind drifts off as I think about our distant life together. It's been seventeen years. I have lived through every bruise and scar of yours. When I turned 10 I started to daydream about you, thinking about you helped me through each and every day, every new mark that appeared mysteriously on my skin was always a gift from you; the highlight of my week. However things changed when I entered high school. School was hard for sure, but I was surrounded by friends; I wondered... were you?

One night, during my freshman year, I laid in bed writing out one of my geometry assignments. Something on my arm caught my eye by surprise; it looked like a scar. Dropping what I was doing I sat up and stared at the skin on the underside of my left arm. The scar was straight across right above my wrist, it wasn't long before a few more appeared right below it. I didn't understand at first... but... I wasn't clueless, it didn't take me long to realize you were hurting yourself. My thumb brushed over the scars as I stared down with wide-eyes, "whoever you are, I'm so sorry."

It's been three years, four almost since you had started cutting. I have many scars on my arm from your self-harm, I hold them as a reminder to myself that your life meant everything to me and that I wish I had been there to help you.

But tonight, I stare down at my left arm where your last scar had been cut, my eyes shut tightly as I begin to whimper from the pain aching at my heart, tears begin to flood down my cheeks, dripping onto your scars. I turn on my computer once more, open up the file document and quickly type, "but sometimes we don't know everything about those who are closest to us in our lives, and there is no way to help them if they don't call out to us for help. If I had known it was you, whoever you are,I would have kissed your scars, your lips, and your tears away to let you know I love you. I know who you are, you're my best bro... Karkat,that's who you are.