Prologue

Idris, 1995

This was the moment you should have cried. When your sister was taken away from you, removed from your life like they didn't belong together. They did. Jet Jonathan couldn't shed a tear. His emotions weren't like other peoples, the where special. Dark in a sense no human could understand. Yet is sister brought out something in him. From his soul, the soul he did not now he had. That's why she was leaving. His father noticed. He did not speak of it but Jonathan new that's why she was moving away from him. If he felt the way other humans did he would hate his father for what he was doing, he thought.

She made him weak. He loved her and that made him weak. His father had come to his room the night before to tell him about his sister and even though he broke inside, he only nodded. Jonathan was confused by emotions, he disliked them. They blurred his focus. When he looked at his sister with her fiery, red hair and big green eyes, a bubbly sensation spread inside him. The feeling pleased him but it made him hesitate so it needed to disappear – he understood that. At least until he was trained and prepared for what could come and hurt her.

He now saw his father, with the same pale, silver hair that he himself had, holding the small hand of his sister, dressed in a flower-printed dark dress. In that moment he made a promise. A silent one. I will find you again. And when I do, I will be ready. I will protect you. And you will be mine. I swear to you that, my sister, I, Jonathan Cristofer Morgenstern, we will meet again.