Chapter One: New kid

It was a school morning, it was windy outside and cold. Cole packed up his lunch for school and head off. Cole got on the bus and waited to get to school. He didn't like going to school, but who would.

He noticed a new girl on the bus, she had pretty blue eyes and honey brown hair. She was sitting in the back. Her legs crossed and her eyes gazed outside, watching every car that passed by, it was like she hasn't seen it before.

Justin Fox got on the bus, she started to growl, like an animal. She stopped herself. Justin smiled slightly as he sat down at the front of the bus. She looked around at all the children messing around with each other. Cole thought she was different.

She seemed to be staring at directly at Cole. She quietly cleared her throat and looked away. Cole was eager to know her name for her behavior. Finally they arrived at the school.

_________________________

(First person Cole)
I got off the bus and pushed my way through all the children. The new girl came out last. 'She's odd.' I thought to myself, turning my cheek towards her.

We both arrived at the door. She was trying to open the door, but she couldn't open it. I walked up to her and opened the glass door. "Push not pull." I said, opening the door for her.
"Oh, right." She replied walking through the door and looking around the school hallway.

'Her voice seemed different than what I imagined.' I thought. She slowly made her way down the hallway. I slowly followed behind her. I looked at her clothes, they seemed grey themed. She had a grey beanie on her head, a grey tank top with a black jacket, and grey ripped jeans, than black and white converse.

'Odd style. I'm a boy, what do I know?' I asked myself. Once we got to our math class. She sat down and I sat next to her. "Hannah." The teacher said. "Mind solving this problem on the chalkboard?" He added. 'Hannah, so that's her name.' I thought.

Hannah got up and went to the front of the class room. The problem was 19+5. Hannah paused for a moment thinking what to say. All the children stared at her. "Umm.. Ummm! 638!" She blurted out. The whole class started laughing. Hannah lowered her head to let her long hair droop over her face.