episode 00 | mysterious

• • •

Kim Taehyung.

A soldier, a possible spy, someone who does labor work and receives gunshot wounds and knife wounds from it, and someone that has been capable of making me fall in love with him over and over again.

As I stare into his eyes, he grabs my shoulders and pulls me close. His hair dances wildly in the wind as his voice is muffled by the deafening volume of the helicopter.

"I promise. After a week, I'll come back, and we'll go on a date. Okay?"

The bright city lights illuminate the night sky as we stand on the rooftop. His eyes are determined. His voice is confident. His stare is alluring.

The helicopter sound continues, mocking me like a time bomb. I'm running out of time, but my voice won't come out of my throat.

"I need an answer now. Would you like that or not?" he repeats.

All I can see is him.

"Yes."

And then he's gone. His silhouette jogs over to the helicopter and before he steps on it, he glances at me and smiles knowingly. I'll be back, his smile seems to say, trust me.

He does return.

But as soon as he returns, he's gone again. All it takes is a simple phone call and he's off - off to do his duty, or labor, or to fight in a war. Whatever it might be, he won't tell me. And then one day, he's slipped away from my fingers for good.

Kim Taehyung.

He might be dangerous, he might be untrustworthy and he might be mysterious, but ever since the day I caught his eye, I was never able to fully let go.

• • •