Departing Asgard.

Third Person's point of view

The young princess was excited. Overjoyed actually to finally get her chance to see this world she read and asked about, having seen something in a dream that triggered her curiosity. A monstrous beast buried in mountains of gems, jewels and gold coins. In her dream this beast drove out the people living within a castle carved into the walls of a beautiful single mountain. Amongst all the chaos stood a man with raven black locks his face was covered in cuts and his blue and silver tunic were covered in soot and ash, a short broad sword sat at his hip as he lead people from the rubble and away from danger. His ice blue eyes were one of the things that had the Asguardian princess drawn to him.

His loyalty and bravery knew no bounds and it appealed to this goddess as she itches to watch more, but she was woken from her slumber.

•••

"Father I wish to travel, I am acknowledging your request that I see the world and become a better warrior and princess for our kingdom." The prince looked upon his daughter pleased to hear that she was for once agreeing with him, after many years of being at odds after her mother's death. The young Asguardian wanted nothing more than to do as her mother wanted and look out for her stubborn and un-cautious father. And to learn from her uncle's mistakes and to listen to her Grandfather and learn from his wisdom. "When do you wish to leave?" her father asked, "As soon as possible." nodding the prince had a maid pack a bag while he lead his only daughter to a spot to speak in private.

"There is something I wish you to have." the young girl looked at her father in confusion. "What is it father?" holding out his hand, he closed his eyes and focused, a few startled shouts and two crashes later out flew Mjölnir 'the Destroyer' her father's hammer, gifted to him by the King in his youth. " Mjölnir? Father? your giving me your hammer?" he smiled and nodded, "Yes, it is time, I would have given it to you sooner but..." her father trailed off a bit. "But we are in a state of absolute peace, and you will need it more than I." setting it down handle up, the young princess worried that she would not be strong enough to wield her father's famed Mjölnir.

"Do not worry, dear." looking from her Father to the hammer at her feet, she stood and knelt in front of the weapon. 'please do not fail me now.' she prayed before reaching out her hand and taking hold of the brown leather wrapped handle. Closing her crystal blue eyes she believed with all her being to stand and not be weighted down by this mighty tool. Standing tall, she held her eyes closed hoping that what was happening was not an illusion but true and a dream come true. "Congratulations daughter, you are another worthy wielder of Mjölnir." peeking her eyes open she smiled widely. Holding it up to eye-level she inspected it.

As she saw many times it was just as beautiful, but to hold it in her own hands was another thing. An achievement, of sorts. "Come we shall feast, and you will leave in the morning." nodding she held the hammer in her hand and walked next to her Father proud to be who she was and the Daughter of the one and only Thor God of Thunder.

>>Time Skip<<

After her meal the princess retired to her chambers, wanting to get a good nights sleep before her big adventure the next morning. But her excitement seemed to keep her from doing so. So she did the only thing that would settle her mind and sooth her heart. She sung to herself.

"I hear your voice on the wind

And I hear you call out my name

"Listen, my child," you say to me

"I am the voice of your history

Be not afraid, come follow me

Answer my call, and I'll set you free"