-1-

Eugene Kollak was an average man living on an average island. His life was also quite average. He owned a shop on the western coast of Mackara and his job required waiting until idiots crashed their boats and dragged them to him with eyes full of tears and pockets full of money begging him to fix them. He, after hearing the jingle in their pockets, complied to their requests. His roommate known by the nickname "Gutter" handled the money while he handled the actual fixing. Gutter was the only person on the whole island (and possibly the whole world) who knew exactly what Kollak was thinking every time he opened his mouth. So i'm sure you can imagine his surprise when he found a kiddie-pool full of water and a man-fish in the garage. He slammed open their bedroom door and glared at the twenty year-old fiddling with a box of tools. His face turned white. 

"I can explain.." 

Everett rushed to his computer after waking up from a heavy sleep. Today was the day, his special day. The day he finally got the job he always wanted. He opened his browser and quickly opened up his email. His fingers twitched with excitement as he entered his password. 

'Fisgoover390' incorrect password. 

He growled as he carefully entered the password character-by-character. He watched as his screen load with enthusiasm. He smiled brightly as he opened the email:

Everett Jacobs, 

I've recently went over your qualifications and they are indeed quite interesting. I think you would be a great choice for opening the new research facility but I am devastated to inform you that you don't quite reach our standards when it comes to your leadership qualities. 

He read over it several times thinking maybe his eyes were fooling him. No, they weren't. He was upset, who wouldn't be? He was working towards his own facility for three years yet still nothing came his way. After his soft grieving, he scrolled down on the email:

There is however something I would like you to do. Recently there has been a new species found in an island off our coast. I have sent an attachment with a photo of the one currently in captivity. I don't quite trust the sources but you seem to be brave. I have a boat docked and waiting on you, all you need to do is take pictures and collect samples. You must be there by 12:30 pm next week. 

I wish you luck, 

Dr. Trent Lawrence

He smiled to himself. Travel is always fun.