One

14\3\14

She sat shivering in the icy wind wearing only a tank top, jeans and a light cardigan. She knew that it would be slightly chilly weather today but didn't think that it would be this bad. However she was determined to not complain, but that would involve having someone to complain to. 

She hunched her shoulders and glanced back down to her text book. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Through the corner of her right eye she spied someone sitting on the bench she's sitting on. 

Oh god don't talk to me, she thought and intently stared at her book not reading. The person stood and she let out a sigh of relief then reads once again. Maecenas at vehicula libero. Etiam rhoncus mattis efficitur. Fusce dictum est mi, pulvinar pretium elit imperdiet vitae. Donec a fringilla augue, vitae placerat augue.

Suddenly a warm woollen object is draped over her shoulders blanketing her in soft warm cuddliness. She glanced at the owner of the sweater and Cole Harris smiled warmly at her. Cole Harris he overly confident class clown that she wanted to hit over the head every two seconds.

"No no, keep it on. You look like you'll get hypothermia if you don't. I'm Cole by the way." He grinned showing his slightly discoloured teeth. A million witty phrases ran through her head and instead of all the right things to say she said this.

"You forgot to brush your teeth today." 

Cole's grin turned into a sheepish smile. "I was hoping that no one would notice. I was in a bit of a rush this morning." She looked back at her book and Cole cleared his throat. "So what's your name?" 

She debated whether to tell him the truth and face the joke she's heard since grade three or just skip to the joke. "Loch Ness Monster."

"Huh?" He frowns and the bell rings, she closes her book and stuffs it into her black backpack and trudges off to class still wearing Cole Harris' sweater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello my lovely readers. I hope you liked the first chapter of SS. Presenting our main characters, Nessie Carlton or Loch Ness Monster and Cole Harris. Now they are in grade eight, not in like grade eleven or twelve like other stories. Now please leave your thoughts and criticism. Not things like 'this is the worst story ever don't read it' I want to know how I can make my story better so constructive criticism. Thank you.