Chapter 1: Fall

"Oh my, Jimmy," I said, "Wet the bed again?"
Jimmy sighed, "I'm sorry, mom."
"It's fine, Jimmy. Change your pajamas and undies mad go on to my bed." I smiled at my son. He's only 3 years old, and will be turning 4 in two months.
Jimmy has been wetting the bed for quite some time now. I don't get mad at him for it, he's still a little boy.
*sigh*
I carried his wet sheets to the washer and put it in for 45 minutes. What a silly boy. Ever since his father died, Jimmy has been struggling.
I don't blame him.
I have been struggling myself, too. It's been hard for me.

John died when Jimmy was only a 1 year old.
*EEE EEE EEE*
Wash is done. I took out the new, freshly smelling, sheets and put it in the dryer for 45 minutes.
"Mommy! Mommy! I found a picture of daddy!" Jimmy shouted excitedly.
A shiver went up my spine, I ran up the stairs and took the picture.
"Jimmy, please don't ever touch this picture, it's the only one I have of your father." I explained to my son.
"Ok, mommy," Jimmy told me and he hugged me. I embraced my son back. I kissed my son and he walked to my room and slept.
I went downstairs to the dryer beeping. I took the sheets and walked back upstairs. I remade Jimmy's bed, then walked to my room. My son sleeping so sweet and soundly. I joined him in his sleep.
I whispered, "goodnight, sweetheart." And kissed his forehead.