Chapter 3

That night while Lois and I talked about me, I felt a pang of worry. Lex would more or less destroy me. He was rich anything to make me richer. I had Meteor blood and it wasn't from green meteor. Clark could be around me, it was something more.

The caves had been my haven. Of course, I was human but something else was loved inside of me. I wasn't as strong as Clark. I was, able to see through walls and hear for miles. I was fast, but not lightning fast. I couldn't beat Clark. And I wasn't anywhere near strong. I could sense things though. I knew when someone was coming.

It was a gift, but a curse. My father wanted to use my gifts to take a billion-dollar technology lab. I didn't want that and he sent me away. I could see for miles if I concentrated. And if anyone found out, I would be experimented on. Especially since one power was different. I had the power to wish for whatever I wanted. I would get it.

I never used that one. I usually only used to see through things. That's how I was able to get this job. I saw through the wall and Lois needed help so I was the first rooster that crowed.

The strange part was, she was the first one to know about me. And she didn't say a word. Clark was the next, he was caught spying on Lana and Jason, talking about me. Lana was then next because she also caught me.

That night I tried to sleep but I was lingering on Lex and what Chloe said. If he didn't destroy me he would help me. But how? Taking my powers, lying for my safety. It would be a disaster. The girl who wishes for anything and gets it. I hated that power. And so did Clark.

I wondered if Lex ever found out, what he would do to me. Would I be tied to a table prodded with needles? He would have so many people investing in my power. I didn't want that. And to be honest, I didn't want the one destroying me, to him.

Like Clark, I also had a prophecy. I came from a long line of Ancient Greeks. I am a warrior or something. There was a prophecy about a young boy/girl that came into my life, and either destroyed me or saved me. It couldn't have been more scarier than that.

So that night I focused on what mattered, sleep. I needed it, but it wasn't coming as quickly as I thought it was. I was supposed to be going for coffee with Lex tomorrow and I wasn't sure if I could wake up after not being able to sleep.

I did what I shouldn't have done.

"I wish for sleep tonight," I said.

Suddenly I drifted to sleep.