Chapter 1: meeting him..

Riley's POV:
"RILEY WAKE UP!!" My sister Keeley comes screaming into my room. Keeley and me are so different it's hard to believe we are related. She's blonde, about 5'6", with freckles covering her entire face, which I use to call her sprinkles cause of. The only resemblance between us are our eyes which are a striking blue we inherited from our father. The only thing she inherited from my mom was her ocd when it comes to cleaning. I don't mind much, since she doesn't let me clean since apparently there's a way to not do cleaning right?

"Oh my god, shut up I'm up! Don't need to come in here and break my fucking ears" I snap at her. As you can see I'm not a morning person. Ever since me and Keeley were on our own since our parents died, I just haven't wanted to wake up from sleeping, I like the feeling it gives me of just relaxing and not having so much stress, to be free. She had to grow up too fast for me to help me make ways, taking 3 jobs just to make sure I get into college and have a good hockey career unlike her. She never got to go to college or be a violinist like she always wanted.

"Get up you're gonna be late for hockey, remember you have the private tryout today for team USA too after school", she says going into my closet to get my stuff together knowing I would be even later if she didn't. So basically if you haven't noticed hockey consumes my life, I have high school hockey 3 times a week at 4am for an hour then I have to be at school by 6am to meet my friends to talk before school. At least it gets me out of bed.

I hurry and and get my school stuff together, no point in showering now I'll just do it at the rink. I put on my leggings some boots, a grey v-neck, my north face and crotchet scarf and throw my hair in a messy bun.

 I put on my leggings some boots, a grey v-neck, my north face and crotchet scarf and throw my hair in a messy bun

I applied my everyday make up of foundation, mascara, and try and get my eyebrows looking on good. I grab my back pack my hockey bag and stick and yell bye to my sister and I'm out the door. It's October and all the leaves have changed, I love it. I love the crisp autumn air and the clothes and the starting of the hockey season of course.

I walk up to my beautiful 2015 Lincoln, who I named Lincoln... Yeah I know it's corny but Im not the best at picking names. I throw my stuff in my car and drive off to the rink. On the way there I jam out to the radio singing my heart out. The rink is only 15 minutes away so I decide to stop at Dunkin and grab a quick coffee, honestly I like Dunkin ten times more then Starbucks, I'm just that type of girl. As I pull in there is only 2 cars parked and one in the drive through, I mean it's expected since it's about 3:30 in the morning. I run inside and see that the place is vacant.

"Hello? Anyone here?" I call out confused and frustrated since I just wanted coffee. There was a bang from behind the counter so I walk over and look behind. I see a boy with blonde hair and big brown eyes, had to be no older then 16.

"Are you okay?" I ask. Startled he looks up at me flustered, I'm guessing he was grabbing something underneath the register and hit his head on the counter when I startled him. "Yeah I'm okay sorry about that, my names jake" he sheepishly smiles at me and I smile back, "nice to meet you, I'm Riley" he asks for my order and asks what school I go to and just having a causal conversation. He seemed like a cute boy I found out he was actually 18 too and was working so he could go to college too. It's amazing how every high schooler now is only focused on college, like it's what they breath eat and sleep.