The New Home

The morning was cool and surprisingly calm the air misty with soon to be rain

Germany walked down a familiar wooden path him reminiscing upon old memories down this trail.

He stops for a moment bending down to observe the small movement by a small shrub.

A small stray cat was hiding in the bush trying to feed off of a dead bony mouse.

Germany takes off his work bag pulling out 1 of two small containers of pasta and risking a few pieces to give to the small animal.

He smiles and stands up backing away as the tiny animal hungrily eats away at the strings of pasta.

Germany's old friend North Italy loved animals and pasta.

He takes a deep breath and keeps on walking down the trail, he knowing where it leads. Not to his own home though.

It leads to his friend North Italy's new home. At first Germany didn't like it at all-he still doesn't. But that's just how life works.

He continues walking until he reaches a misty cemetery.

Yes, this is the home he remembered. The home of his dear departed friend.

He knows where he's walking before he does. He walks over to a grey marble headstone with a white flag stuck in the ground in front of it.

"Pasta, Pasta, Pasta!" Germany reads the words on the headstone.

"North Italy 1925-1956"

Germany's eyes water a little as he remembers his goofy friend being murdered in front of his own eyes.

After the war was over the allied and axis powers where never at peace. And on August 19 1956 Russia France and England leaving China and America behind shot and killed the confused Italian.

Shaking off the ghosts of a year ago he remembers the good things when North Italy was alive

Yes, his love for pasta and silliness annoyed him but the Italian was kind.

Which earned him a shred of respect. Which grew overtime to a friendship.

Italy was always silly goofing off and eating pasta. As weird as it was this was his own little world of normal.

Germany sits down in front of the grave and takes out two small containers of spaghetti. Setting one in his lap and one against the headstone.

He gets out a fork and sighs

"Look, I brought you pasta"

He tries to sound happy, almost cheerful. But that was buried deep inside of his soul, losing a little happiness bit by bit as days went by.

But he works up a smile and opens his container and eats his lunch. Finishing the whole thing.

When he finishes he empties the container by the grave into his own but leaving a small tupperware container their.

Than walking away from the small headstone and out the other side of the path.

It angers him that France Russia and England had the nerve to come over and slaughter Italy.

"I will kill you all" he mutters on his way out if the forest."I will avenge my friend even if it costs my life,

Because I am Germany a strong country that is capable of anything"

Author Note:

So I wrote this sometime before summer started and I really liked it so I posted it here,

I'm not continuing it though, there's probably a 1/10000000000000000000 chance I will XD

But anyways I really like it and hope you do! Leave a comment on what you think:)

Byeeeeeeee

~Emily