Chapter 5

Lex and I had been friends since that night, great friends. Clark didn't understand it but believe me, he would eventually realize that I was okay. I was a big girl I could handle myself. Lana told him to stop trying to control me so much. There were days when Lex would show up at the Talon and want me to talk to him, but Clark declared me not to. He was probably protecting me.

Lois had been okay with me taking five-minute breaks to hear Lex discuss business about the Talon with me. He wasn't anything more than a friend. Like he was with Lana. Or even Chloe and Lois. But he did treat me, better. He would surprise me with a special Latte every once in a while.

The fact that Lex and his father hated each other to a point, made Lex worry about my being close to him. I understood that. His father didn't like anyone. What made it hard was, that Lionel came to town when it was convenient for him. Another reason Lex didn't trust his father with me, he didn't want me Lionel face to face.

"Ebony, I have something for you," Lex said walking towards me. I was working today and tired. It was noon and I had been here since 8 am sharp. I smiled seeing him holding a small bag. He sat it on to bar and threw my towel down.

"Hmm, all these nice gifts and I have nothing to give to you in return," I joked. Of course, he laughed about it.

"What I want from you is in that bag," he said pointing. I slowly opened it taking out the loose tissue paper. What I saw amazed me.

"Lex, is this your company-"

"Policy and legal documents," he said. Oh my.

"I want you to come to work with me, be my partner in all things Luthorcorp," he said surprisingly. I didn't have an answer.

"Why, what does this mean Lex," I asked stepping away from the bar and out into the crowd. He moved closer.

"It means you and I would be proprietary owners at Luthorcorp, no strings," he said gazing at me. This was too real.

"Lex I don't know I mean I know about business and all but this might be the biggest thing to happen to me," I told him truthfully.

"Think of it as you hold the stocks, and you own the businesses that Luthorcorp provides, you could buy out other companies," Lex said. That made me think of my father's millions. Even if I did that, would he be able to give me all the same accommodations?

"Okay Lex, I'll, I guess I'll do it, I'll be your partner," I said. He smiled and nodded his head as he would. This gave me rights I've all dreamed of.

"Of course, there are things I need from you," he said. Great you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

"You will need to find a different resting place, you need an office, and your room to concentrate," he said smiling, "how about coming to live with me."

"Lex I don't know we've only known each other for a few weeks, this might not be the best idea," I said. Of course, he pointed out that we'd known each other for two months.

"Ebony, sometimes the risks we take are worth putting everything on the line for, in your heart, you knew that sharing the business was right, and not only are you able to do things everyone else dreams of, but you will love away from all the chaotic nonsense of the town's rookies, think about it," he stopped, "We need each other."

Those words of heard before. He was right, I wouldn't be able to think clearly with noises all around me. And his home was big enough for the both of us.

******
"WHAT," Clark yelled to me, "sharing a business with Lex is one thing but moving in with him."

Clark and Lois were the first ones I told, well everyone. They happened to show up at the right time.

"Clark look we've known each other two months, and I need a silent place to think, I agreed because there is something about him that needs me," I said. He scuffed.

"Ebony, look, Lex Luthor might not be his father but he's been the one destroying the relationships he's had and hurting people," he spoke. I rolled my eyes.

"Clark, no matter how much you try and protect me, it only makes things worse, instead of worrying about me, try taking care of yourself," I told him

"Why are you doing this Ebony," he asked. I spoke what I felt.

"Because Lex needs me."