Prolouge

The pup strolled around the giant mansion. She rolled around on the comfy rugs and sauntered under tables. When everything went wrong. She went to bed that night, like she always did. Curled up in a big crate, next to her mother and sister, Judy. She closed her eyes for sleep, but before she did so, she drank water and ate food. She became all comfy and warm. Then, the human owner reached in and picked up Judy an me. The pup squealed in terror. Mother dog didn't budge. She only looked up, her eyes filled with sorrow. Then, the pup was put in an uncomfortable crate. They took them. They left far, far away from their home.
On and on they went. Over hills, on and horse, and threw streams. Through the country side and the desert. Finally the two pups made it to a bigger home. It was a house on the outskirts of a large town.
"Paris!" Said the human on top of the horse. The pup clawed at the cage bars. "We finally made it!" The human hopped down and lifted the pup out of the cage. Judy was left behind, whimpering.
The human took her into Paris. "Smaller than I imagined." He remarked. "But it'll grow."
The human dropped the pups crate right outside the gates. She yelped.
"That's right!" Said the human. "You howl. So they can hear ya!" He started chewing gum.
The pup banged herself against the crate. Finally she got free. Her collar and tag fell off.
The tag read Daisy. "You stay there forever! I never want to remember him." She kicked the tag away and walked farther into Paris.
Horse and buggies were being pulled along the streets. A few hungry dog started yelping and buying at humans feet. The pup looked around.
She saw a large sign next to the road. "Hmmm...." She mumbled. She read it. "Marley's cleaning service." She stood up, excited. "That's what I'll call myself! Marley."