Chapter 7

For two weeks Lex and I talked business and nothing else. I didn't say anything about him paying his father off. He didn't talk to me unless it was about a company. It was awkward. So tonight I sent the guards on a mission, giving us alone time. The chef cooked the meal and then left.

When I got dressed, in a beautiful knee-length red satin dress and silver heels, and pulled my hair back pinning it, I went to the office where the dinner, Italian chicken and steamed vegetables, was laid out. The strawberry wine I ordered was poured.

I sat down on his sofa in front of the table and waited. I heard the door open and he walked in. I stood up turning around. He was in awe. He didn't know what to say.

"Lex look-"

"What is all this Ebony, I thought that you said it was an emergency, something about my company's finances," he spoke. He had a black suit and grey tie.

"Look you wouldn't have talked to me any other way," I said. He was hurt.

"I'm shocked that you lied to me just to get me to talk Ebony," he said starting to walk away.

"Lex please, I'm not upset with you, I'm, confused is all," I said he turned around.

"Ebony my father has been trying to ruin everything great in my life for years, if he wanted answers as to why you are the one I chose instead of him, he needs to look in the mirror, he was going to watch you, see where you went what you do, I didn't want that, I found out and paid him off he hasn't been obsessed about you since I paid him," he said, there was more to it.

"There's more to it, Lex, your dad wouldn't take the money and run with it, what did you promise him," I asked softly. He wouldn't answer me. I stepped closer.

"What did you promise your father," I said louder. He sighed.

"I promised him, a place at Luthorcorp," he said. That was a shocker.

"What, why would you do that," I said. He was agitated.

"Look Ebony, it's a small spot on the team, just like a reporter, he doesn't have any rights to files, he just works on the team," he said.

"Yes, but Lex-"

"DAMN IT EBONY, ENOUGH," he yelled. His face was red and his eyes bulging.

"I'm sorry Lex," I said turning away from him. I started to walk away but he spoke.

"No wait I'm sorry Ebony," he said softly. I turned To him.

"Lex I am not going to fuss at you or scream at you for what you did for me, I wanted this night to be about our friendship and to know why you would sacrifice Luthorcorp for me," I said trying not to break. He bowed his head and then looked at me.

"Eb, I did for us, we are partners I don't need anyone trying to take your loyalty away from me," he said. I tried to hold on but I couldn't.

"Lex you're my best friend I would never trust anyone over you, you should know that by now I'm living here," I said. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Oh my god Ebony I'm so sorry, I didn't realize what I was saying, please don't hate me for this," he said. I smiled and embraced him in a hug.

"I could never hate you Alexander Lex Luthor," I told him. He hugged me back.

After that, we ate, laughed and talked. Mostly about what happened with Lionel and how he became so, evil. No love from a wife goes a long way. His parents had abused him and I see Lionel. I was shipped off so many times by my father ceased to exist to me.

Lex explained his relationship with his dad and I understood him too. His dad had never said he loved Lex. And Lex wanted to be loved by anyone. I knew that feeling. My mom was gone and my dad was a big shot bit played out like Lex's life.

Lex and I did need each other.