home | kim taehyung ft. park jimin

Kim Taehyung, how would you describe him? He was your best friend ever since you could remember. He was always by your side, grinning that box smile of his. He was your vitamin. Whenever you felt down, he was always there to cheer you up. That was... until he left you and his family behind to start his life as a kpop trainee. You knew it was his dream, and you admired him for pursuing it but you missed him so much. It was hard, being without him on those dark and gloomy days. The ones where there wasn't s a cloud in sight in the sky, because they all seemed to be stored in your heart instead. You still remember the day he left, leaving you in pieces...

His mom was the one who cried first. You weren't there for that. You were with his goats, petting the small baby named Sancho. You were afraid to watch Taehyung leave; you were afraid to cry. You held the goat close to you and in a light hold as he leaned into you. His small family farm always gave you comfort, but it didn't seem to have the same impact as it did before. Maybe because Taehyung wouldn't be a part of it anymore.

"Y/N?" You heard a familiar voice call for you. Your eyes slowly looked up to see Taehyung standing at the entrance of the goat pin. He smiled at you, but it lacked his usual spirit. "I knew I would find you here," he said and strolled over, taking a seat beside you. He lifted a hand and to pet Sancho's head gently. "I haven't seen you all morning, should've looked here first." He chuckled and looked at you. "Yah why the long face? You're starting to look like your friend's horses." You couldn't help but laugh at that, but it came out more as a whimper that egged on your tears. "Oh Y/N.." he sighs and leaned forward, wrapping his arms around you and pulling you into his chest; the one place you felt utterly safe. "Don't cry, don't cry," he mumbled into your ear, "I will come back as often as I can."

But you weren't stupid. You knew how often idols actually got to see their family. And it didn't help that Taehyung grew up in the more rural areas of Korea, making it even more difficult more him to visit. It wasn't like he had grown up in Seoul and could see his loved ones anytime he wanted.

You couldn't speak, your lips trembling. You felt so selfish, here you were crying when you should be happy for him. He was finally getting to achieve his dream and here you were raining in his parade. You tried to hold back your tears but you couldn't, they just fell and fell. He held you so tight, leaning his head on yours.

When you had finished crying, it was time for him to go. He convinced you to come with him to the taxi waiting for him and help him with the luggage. He hugged you again when everything was set. "Wait for me, okay?" He mumbled and held you so tight, you could barely breathe. He knew he was being selfish telling you wait for him but he knew you would anyways. And maybe when he's older, and famous he will have enough confidence to tell you what he's always wanted to. He would wait for you and hoped you would wait for him, but maybe that was his first mistake.

-

It's been 6 years since that day he left. That boy is now a man of 21 years. He debuted with a group called BTS and they have been doing extremely well. They have had two American tours, breaking records set by their sunbaes years ago, and even performing several concerts in Korea.

You couldn't be more proud of Taehyung, and you watched him from afar, but you never made an attempt to see him. Even when he visited the farm once or twice a year, if he was lucky, you avoided him. You weren't sure why. Maybe you were just too much of a coward or maybe you just were intimidated by his stardom. Either way, you went on without him and fulfilled your dream on composing music. You even went abroad to America to learn all about composition and the history to music. You were definitely one of the most promising songwriters of 2016 and when you got back from Korea after you graduated, you went straight to work. A few companies hired you, and you did not disappoint. All your songs were hits and some even featured in Korean drama OTS's!