How Did We Meet Again?

When I glance over my notifications on Wattpad, I see this one girl's name in particular. That girl's name is kritluvani. Looking at the name brings me back to the time when we first started to get to know each other.

I searched up "Anirudh Ravichander" on Wattpad one day. I wondered what it was about fanfiction that made people want to read them. One story piqued my interest. That story was "Anirudh's Little Sister" by s19g14o16. I started to not only read the story, but I also started to comment and vote on every chapter of the book. Even if you do not want to click that star on the bottom-left corner out of stubbornness, your fingers cannot help but click that star! That is how mind-blowing the book is! As the Anirudh Live-in Toronto concert was approaching, I took the initiative to strike up a conversation with s19g14o16. Later, I found out her name was Oviya. Oviya always asked me when I would write my own story.

To be honest, I had no plan to write any story. I wanted to use Wattpad as a medium to read more books. I did not want to write any stories. I am not one to write any story let alone fanfiction. There are many people in the world who react to Bollywood and Hollywood movie trailers. They also take the time to review the films in these industries. After all, what do people use "Rotten Tomatoes" for? When a movie is interesting, people do not hesitate to go online to find out how movie critics responded to certain movie. No one wants to waste money over a movie that turned out to be a flop in the box office! I noticed that not very people review or react to Kollywood movies for that matter. Thus, "Kollywood Movie Reviews" started its journey. I initially started this review to keep Oviya's heart, but as I got more immersed, I started to take my reviews seriously. Before I knew it, there were many people who voted and commented on my reviews. The comments gave me strength to keep striving with my reviews. One of the people who voted and commented on my reviews was kritluvani or ,as others love to call her, Krithika.

I did not notice Krithika when she voted and commented on my reviews. I noticed her when she commented on Oviya's works. Krithika messaged me one day. I could not believe my eyes. This was the first time that someone took the initiative to converse with me. Most of the people who PM me are people who want me to read their stories. As much as I would love to read their stories, I am not particularly fond of people who only approach me just for promoting their works. I feel that their ulterior motive is simply a selfish motive. Near the beginning, I used to try to ask people to comment and vote on my works, but later I realized that I do not care for comments or votes. I just want someone to read my review and maybe feel inspired to watch that Kollywood movie. I simply want to promote Kollywood movies, not myself! I have other social media to do that for me. I am usually the one who strikes up a conversation most of the time. It is for this reason that I start to doubt my friendships. I start to think that it is because of my straightforwardness that people want to run away from me. It is because I put a lot of effort in a friendship that I expect the other party to put more effort only to be rebuffed at the end. When Krithika messaged me, I thought that she approached me to promote her works. I learned that she was not like all those people who promoted their works. She was different.

The more I talked to Krithika, the more I liked her. I found out that we had a lot in common. We were both the same age. We both had the same taste in music. We both loved Anirudh Ravichander. We both struggle in our personal lives. She inspired me to apply for Computer Engineering. It is because of her promising words and my father's wishes that I have decided to study Computer Engineering at Ryerson University. Krithika became more than a friend for me. She became my bosom friend, a friend that I would not want to lose even if the world ended. It did not take long for her to weave a place in my heart. That is another thing about me! It does not take long for me to get attached to someone, but it takes me a while to forget someone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRITHIKA DARLING!