Photobooth

"Today is the best day ever!" I squeal while licking on my favourite (f/f) flavour ice cream. "Thank you for treating me to this Sabo!" I smile at him. "Sabo?"

"Hm? Oh, that's okay (y/n)!" He replies after a short delay, taking his hands off of his pocket in surprise. "Is everything okay? You seem very out of it today... Are you coming down with an illness?" I ask worriedly, reaching up to put my hand on his forehead to check his tempurature.

"No, no I'm fine! It's just... Never mind," he brushes it off. We carry on walking in a comfortable silence through the mall, until we reach a photobooth. I am just about to suggest that we should try it out but Sabo beats me to it.

"Say (y/n), do you wanna take some pictures?" He asks pointing towards the booth. "Sure thing!" I quickly finish off my ice cream cone and we enter the small booth.

"Welcome! Please press start to begin!" A computerised voice chirps happily at us. I stab the 'start' button before quickly leaning back.

"Please get into the frame!" Our faces appear on the screen surrounded by a red frame. I raise my head a little and the frame turns green. Not soon after a countdown begins.

"Let's pull a funny face," Sabo suggests. I nod and quickly pull one as the countdown reaches one, trying not to laugh at our faces on the screen.

"Normal face?" I question. He nods in reply and smiles warmly at the camera I feel my cheeks heat up slightly but I turn to the camera and flash a smile at the camera.

"Trust me?" Sabo asks. "Mhm..." I feel Sabo placing his head on mine and wrapping his arms around my waist. I feel my face heat up but before I get a chance to object, the camera takes the photo.

"Wha?? Damn it Sabo! Warn me next time okay?" I shout while blushing. "Okay, okay. I'll warn you next time... Not!" With a cheeky grin, he pecks me on the lips just as the camera takes another photo.

"Saboooooo!" I grab his shoulders I start to shake him while he laughs at my embarrassment. Unfortunately, the camera decides to take one last photo before thanking us for using the photobooth.

I immediately run outside and it shows me a preview of all the photos on the little screen on the front of the booth. My eyes fly straight to the kiss. "Sabo... Can we retake them? I look stupid in these!" I whine while gently tugging at his coat.

"Sorry what did you say? I couldn't hear you over the noise of the photos being printed." He holds up the photos and gives me a knowing grin. Before I can object, he grabs his wallet and tucks them into a clear compartment.

I pout and give him my best puppy eyes to try and convince him to not keep them. "Hey, if it makes you feel better then I'll go and take some photos of myself and you can have them ok?" He says nervously.

I grin at the suggestion, "sure thing!" I start pushing him into the booth. "Remember, NO PEEKING!" He shouts before he enters it.

I hear a muffled chirpy voice. "Good, he wasn't bluffing then," I smile to myself. I hear some rustling, then a click, rustling, click, rustling, click...

"I wonder what faces he pulled..." I laugh quietly to myself, a few passerbys flashing me a strange look.

After a little wait, I hear a printing sound coming behind me. "Time to see!" I squeal excitedly. I was so pent up about seeing my usually composed boyfriend pulling funny faces that I was not prepared for this.

On the photos are not pictures of Sabo pulling funny faces but instead, he is blushing and holding a sheet of paper in each photo. The photos read...

(Y/n),
Will
You
Marry
Me?

Not believing this, I slowly look up only to be met by the sight of Sabo kneeling down on one knee in front of me, a beautiful ring box held in his hands. By now, a small crowd had gathered around and was watching intently.

"(Y/n), I've known you for 5 years now and those 5 years have been the best years of my life. You are the sweetest, most beautiful girl I've ever met so with that in mind, will you marry me?" He asks tentatively, opening the ring box revealing a beautiful silver ring with a small diamond with aquamarine gems surrounding it.

I hear the crowd hush for a moment, anticipating my reply. I give him the biggest smile in the world and jump on him, hugging Sabo as tightly as possible.

"O-Of course I'll marry you!" I stutter, trying to hide my blushing mess of a face in his chest. I feel a ring slip into my ring finger as the crowd erupts into an applause, some people were even wolf whistling! "Today is definitely the best day ever," I murmur to him.

We stand up and he tilts my chin up and closes the distance between us earning this gesture even more whistling and clapping.

The kiss was short but sweet, however it only added fuel to my bright red face. "I love you (y/n)," he mutters so only I can hear it.

"I love you too!"