Introduction

Anna slowly walked along the path to the forest, she was tired, but stubbornly refusing to turn back.

She had been told by her pack to
investigate a large pillar of smoke that had risen from the east side of the forest. Of course, she had instantly thought 'fire' but she was curious as to see if it was natural or caused by error of some sort.

"Probably those stupid humans..." She growled to herself.

She is a shape shifter. While not truly accepted by most Wolves because of her civilized nature, and shunned by most humans because of her animal-likeness. She only was accepted by one pack. They were the only wolves in the whole wide world who accepted her for what she was.

She was getting close now.
She began to run.
The sting of smoke in her eyes.
So close.
She then came to a small clearing, where the stench of death and charred flesh was so strong she wanted to vomit.

The ruins of a small human village were before her.

Freshly burned, nothing on fire, though.
She explored a bit, but nothing was to be found.
Except the corpses.

She estimated the village to have had about 10-50 people living in it previously.

The world would continue living without these humans, so she decided it was useless to hang around.

"Not like it was worth my time to begin with..." She grumbled as she began to leave.

She was stopped short by a piercing wail, she recognized the sound too.

It was the sound of human offspring.

One had survived.