Chapter 1: Billie's Extroadinary Girl

I woke up, glancing at the clock. 6:30. I was gonna be late if I didn't hurry. I hurriedly threw on a Beatles t-shirt,

my jeans and my converse, running to the bathroom. I had just moved to Piedmont, California from London, England a few weeks ago but I still hadn't gotten used to the time difference yet. It's a big difference so don't laugh. I quickly brushed my teeth, running downstairs and grabbing my backpack. I hugged my dad, ran past my stepmom, Rita, got my curly red hair ruffled by my older brother Tommy and another hug from my other older brother, Harry. Harry was in the student government and a real goody-two shoes but Tommy was a laid back, leather-clad troublemaker. He dropped out of school 2 months ago but left every morning and made fake report cards so Rita and dad thought he still went. I grabbed my skateboard on my way out the garage and headed off. I hopped on and skated towards school. I put my headphones in and started listening to my iPod. I hadn't really been paying attention so when I pulled myself back to reality, I was about to crash into someone. Before I could do anything, it was too late. We were on the ground, I was on top and he was not so happy about both me being on top of him and being crashed into. He silently pulled himself to his feet and dusted off his clothes. "Sorry, dude..." I said, getting up myself which is when I got a good look at him. Well his back anyway. He had blue hair, a gray t-shirt with no sleeves because they were clearly ripped off, a pair of jeans that were torn at the knees and some chuck taylors. I looked back up towards his head when I felt myself being looked at. Green eyes stared curiously at me. "Uh.....hi." I said awkwardly.

"Hi...I'm Billie...." He replied quietly.

"I'm Rikkie....Sorry for crashing in to you.." I said, looking down at my own chuck taylors.

"It's fine....I like your shoes though." He said, smiling a little. He had a cute smile. What was I saying?! He was TOTALLY out of my league. He was really hot and I was really not. Billie looked like he belonged in a movie or something. Not here with me. "Thanks...I like yours too." I replied. He laughed a little, considering they were pretty much the same EXACT shoes. Except mine were red and his were black. "Why'd you rip your sleeves off?" I asked, looking at where his sleeves used to be.

"I uh....I just got kinda angry and took it out on this shirt..." He said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Oh...well Rest In Pieces Billie's shirt sleeves." I joked, making him laugh again.

"Hey, wait..I think I've seen you in school before...Do you sit in the back row of Mr. Thompson's english class?" Billie asked. I nodded. "Third period?" He asked. I nodded again. "Oh! I'm in that class too! So's my friend Mike. Speaking of school, we should get to it before we're late." He explained. I grabbed my board and before I could protest, he took hold of my arm and started running, pulling me along. I had no real options so I just ran behind him. When we got to school, he let go to meet up with who I guessed was his friend Mike. They fist pounded each other and started talking about girls. I went to go to my locker but Billie stopped me. "You're not gonna stick around?" He asked.

"I just thought since you were with your friend, you'd--" he quickly interrupted me. "Not want you around? You seem like a pretty cool girl." He replied. I smiled. A hot guy thought I was COOL!! What were the odds? "Who's the chic?" Mike asked, looking me over.

"Her name's Rikkie, Mikey. Not 'the chic'. Rikkie, this is Mikey." Billie introduced.

"Nice to meet you Rikkie." He said, a charming smile painted across his face. After that, Mike, Billie and I walked to first period together.