Chapter 11

Lex and I went to bed that night, without talking or seeing each other. After the party we were tired. I was so tired my feet needed soaking. I could have had Susan, the maid, handle it but she needed to go home. I didn't hear a thing from Lex's room, and mine was silent.

The next day, I didn't have to work, I thought maybe I'd spend the day, with Lex in his study, if he didn't mind. So I got dressed in a cute pink and white floral dress and white heels, with a pink fleece jacket. I headed to his study.

Once inside I could see him sitting at the desk, typing on his computer. I started to turn around and walk away without bothering him but his voice caught me off guard.

"Ebony please come in," he said closing his computer. I turned to face him. He was in regular clothes. A black pair of slacks, a grey thermal too, and just socks on his feet.

"I just wanted you and I to maybe catch up on, work together," I lied. He grinned and shook his head.

"Ebony you and I both know that's not what you wanted, and by the way, you are beautiful this morning," he said causing me to blush. Oh no, I was developing feelings. This was not good.

"Okay, um, I wanted to spend the afternoon with you, just as friends," I said. He looked like he was considering it.

"Well, I say we go to France, candlelit dinner, watch a movie, and I. An take you shopping," he said causing my heart to drop. He wanted to fly me to France. How romantic.

"In fact why don't we go for an entire weekend, get away and relax, or it doesn't have to be France, we can go anywhere you'd like," he said. My heart jumped. A weekend with Lex away from Smallville.

"Okay but can we go somewhere bright," I said. He looked confused.

"I may be smart Ebony but I haven't the slightest idea what that meant," he joked.

"You know somewhere with lights, and music and, amazing food," I said. He nodded.

"What did you have in mind," he asked.

"I've always wanted to go to Italy," I said. He smiled. He had the greatest idea.

"We can fly to Rome, and stay at the Hotel Tiziano, it's a bed and breakfast, two rooms, so it won't be awkward for us, and I'll tell you what how about we stay a week, just to remind you you you you ourselves of what we lack serenity," he said. That took my breath away. Loved that he was so thoughtful.

"Oh, my goodness what about our friends, what will they think," I asked. He chuckled.

"I admire that you think a lot of them, but you will be with me, they will know you are safe, I always have security, I will take a few of my best men with me," he said. I smiled and nodded.

"Yes Lex, I would love to," I said. He filled a gap between us.

"Good, go pack we are leaving tomorrow I'll book tonight," he said.

The afternoon I was packing and calling everyone to tell them what was going on. Clark didn't like that I was going with him alone but he didn't try to stop me. Lana and Chloe were thrilled. They said Lex had never taken a girl, or woman, to Rome before, it's romantic. He must have felt for me.

Once the packing was done, and I filled my stomach with food, it was time for bed. Lex told me to get ready, I had to wake up early in the morning. Ugh, this night would be tragically long. And on top of that, I had to figure out a way to carry six big bags, aboard the plane, which would be difficult. I knew we'd go shopping but I didn't know why I carried so much with me.

The thrill was too exciting. It was like my world might have been changing. Lex treated me like a princess and I admired him for it. Something I never was used to. My only hope was that I got there, and didn't screw up, like making him think I liked him, if he didn't feel the same way. I mean three months of being best friends, we had to have seen good in each other.

The night was not the only thing I hated, sleeping was getting rough, and I hated that too. On top of no sleep, I had no intention of waking up earlier than 9 but I guess that was overdue.