Chapter 12

"Ebony," I heard a voice as I started to shake a bit. My eyes fluttered open to see Lex in a pair of black dress pants and a burgundy thermal shirt. I groaned but remembered what today was.  I looked at the clock, 7:45 am

"Get ready, the plane leaves in thirty minutes," Lex said. I jumped up remembering I had on a very thin silk gown. He looked at me and I blushed.

"Sorry, I forget sometimes, but hey, we live under the same roof and it was bound to happen sometime," I joked. He smiled.

"Yes, it was, now get ready, security took your luggage for you, and they are waiting for you so, get dressed and we will eat on the plane," he said walking out. He closed the door behind him. Today was sunny and no clouds were in the sky.

I put on a pair of knee pants, three inches below my knee, a pair of pale wedge heels, and a loose pink and white tank top. My hair was thrown up and my makeup was thin. Once I brushed my teeth, I was ready to go.

I met Lex out back. The helicopter was taking us to the airport in the metropolis. We would fly to Rome. He helped me up in the Chopper and gave me a headset. It was for personal use to hear each other and drown out the sound of the propellers.

Once we reached the airport, which didn't take us long, maybe a couple of hours, we landed in a clearing and got off the chopper. Lex helped me down and led the way to the jet. I didn't see any sign of Clark which meant he was okay with me going with Lex.

"Okay, when we land it will be 6 in the morning when we arrive, we will make a stop to get gas once, and that's it, so rest on the plane," Lex said sitting in one of the seats.

I sat down and my body decided to go to sleep. I was tired. I slept about three hours woke up, and talked to a couple of the guards while Lex was asleep, on the couch. I got on the other couch and covered up reading a magazine. I drifted back to sleep for another two hours, woke up and we only had three hours left until we made a stop to get gas.

I wasn't awake for that either, Lex drifted to sleep, again, and I did as well. They got gas, and after another hour I was awake again. We only had two hours before we got to Rome. I was excited. Lex woke up while I was fixing food. I grabbed some grapes from the mini-fridge. Also a bottle of water. I found bread and turkey in the fridge so I made a sandwich.

"Lex do you want something," I asked he looked lost in thought.

"Yeah get me a bagel from the pantry and some cream cheese," he told me trying to read the paper about Metropolis.

"We got regular blueberry and strawberry," I said refuting to the bagels.

"Blueberry please," he replied. I smiled fixing his breakfast. It was getting daylight, in Rome it was already past 6 the sun started to come up.

"Alrighty," I said handing him his bagel. He thanked me and took a sip of his coffee. He had made it himself. I stuck to water.

Once we landed, there was a limo waiting for me and Lex plus the two bodyguards. They were taking us to the hotel, where we would need to let the two bodyguards stay in one room with a double twin bed.

*The hotel was beautiful. The suite was even better. It had three rooms, two had full-size beds and one had twin beds. The kitchen was rounded with a terrace on the outside. It was sat up with a rectangular table and six chairs. The living area had two couches and two ottomans. All the same color, burgundy.

When you first walk in, the living area is staring at you, and to the left is the kitchen. To the right down one short hall were two doors in front of each other, both single beds Brown And red.  There was a door in the living room leading to another bedroom with twin beds. One bathroom with a walk-in shower and deep tub, beside the room Lex got on the left.

"They weren't kidding about a suite," I said. The view of the city was amazing.

"So you like it," he asked. I took a breath.

"Like it, I love it," I said. He watched me, trying to figure me out.

"Alright Parker, Jaden, secure the area, and please watch the tv," Lex commanded. There was a 32' flat screen in each room and a piano in the living room in between the two couches.

Parker was white, weighed about 200 pounds, and tall. He had Brown hair and a nice accent. Jaden was mixed, he had hardly any hair and weighed about 250 pounds. He was tall.

They began checking everything and making sure everything was in order. By the time they got done, it was already time to hit the town. Of course, there was one thing that had to be done before we left.

"Gentlemen, go grab the bags," I said jokingly. They did as I asked. I was in charge of their paychecks too.

"Ebony, this will be the best vacation of my life," Lex said.

"Why is that," I asked. He smiled.

"Because you're with me."