He Knows

Precious-Little-Girl: Happy Birthday, Papa!

This fic is dedicated to my father who is always here for me and Mama! >.< Even though I know how much you don't want to read things like this... I just wanna write something for you! XD I know that you will not read it though. 😏

Anyway... THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING, Papa! Buon Compleanno and MBTC!~ 😘

---

Disclaimer: I don't own Katekyo Hitmam Reborn.

Warning(s): OOC-ness, a 14 year-old grammar, Curses, UNEDITED, Unbeta'd

Reference from: KHR episode 40 and 64.

---

He Knows
Precious-Little-Girl

---

Timoteo knows Xanxus-his hatred, guilt, insecurity and most of all disappointment of him. He knows, since he is Xanxus' father, since Xanxus is his son.

--

He knows. He knows that at the moment he agreed to meet up with the woman, he will come to regret it sooner or later.

But he didn't expect that those words will spark the regret that his intuition had been warning him.

"This child is ours," The woman began, a shaky yet edgy smile etched on her face, motioning to the child beside her.

Disappointment and Resentment erupted like fire at woman who dared to say to him.

Just who is she to claim that he had a son with her? Someone desperate for money- supplied by himself.

However just as he was about to retort the woman's statement, he felt himself holding back.

She was entrapped by the delusion that her son is indeed born from him-the desperation of the woman proved it all; in her tone, eyes and action. She was endeared that introducing her child to him would save them from poverty--- or at least save her child from it.

Her voice turned to hopeful, "He is the Tenth who will succeed the Ninth."

He was taken aback by her statement. Yes, she is aware about the Mafia and his status quo, but just how much does she want her son to be involved? Be the tenth? He knows that this child doesn't have any chance to succeed the family, with the requirements and conditions and all.

But when he looked at the young boy, Xanxus, his piercing read eyes staring at his own dark brown irises, he can't help but feel pity, yet at the same time angered.

Xanxus has also been enchanted by the thought that he is his father. By that, he can't help but be succumb to the decision of accepting the child to his own.

"That's why I used 'X,' which means ten, and named him Xanxus."

Xanxus, showed his palm, curled into half a fist, he focused on it and after a few seconds, a flame he know very well lit at the child's hands.

His eyes softened, but in the inside he felt like he was being crushed little by little as he said those words, "That is the Vongola's Dying Will Flame."

He removed the scarf he was wearing as he knelt in front of him. He wrapped it around in the boy's neck.

"There's no mistake you are my son."

Those words of his sealed the start of his biggest regret.

But the way the child's eyes widened in relief, made him regret ever saying those words. As Xanxus, at tender age of 10, had believed that he is his son, the next in line as the Boss of the Vongola.