Worst Enemies

You know in hind site, I should have seen this coming but it went way over my head. Then again I wasn't the brightest light bulb. Listen to me rambling on when you're sitting there wondering what I'm talking about. Let me start from the beginning. My name is Alexander and this is the story of how I found love. Now some of you might want to turn away because spoilers, it's a love story between me and my first pokemon. Her name's Lillian, sometimes Lily, sometimes Lil. She was a typhlosion when it happened but I'm pretty sure that she was a quilava when she started seeing me in a different light. But the story starts out a little different than most trainers. You see when most trainers start they hit it off with their pokemon and become fast friends, but not with me. Lil wasn't the most trusting person when we started. In fact she kept quite a distance from me. I was only ten and didn't know what to do so I just dealt with it but it soon got worse. She (unlike most pokemon) knew how to speak, and soon started disobeying in combat and calling me names, keep in mind still a cyndaquill. Eventually I was done after she called me a ignorant prick. I went off like bad. I called her a bitch, slut, asshat, fuckface, useless, arrogant, and a waste off time. She was speechless and said nothing for the rest of the night. We just sat there for a few minutes until I heard her sniffle. I looked at her to see her crying. I suddenly became aware of what I had said. To say the least, I felt really bad. I had no idea what to do. So I sat there in silence thinking what to do. I settled on a solution. "I'm sorry" I said quietly. Silence rang true once again for what felt like an eternity. It was 12am at that point and I was tired but I didn't want to sleep with her still out of her pokeball, she might run away. I heard her start moving around. She sat up and walked around the fire past me to the tent and went inside. I couldn't stave sleep off anymore and slept outside that night. I awoke the next morning to the same silence that I had sat through all last night. It was the next thought I had that finally let the silence get to me, what if she ran away. I started internally panicking. I got up quickly and ran to the tent to see if she was still there, as I opened the tent and poked my head inside there was nothing but the sleeping bag. My worst nightmare just came true, being stranded all alone with no protection. A rustling came from behind me. I turned quickly to see what it was. Lily popped out from behind the brush with dry wood in her hands, she froze the second she saw me. We just sat there staring at each other, no words spoken. Until she quietly said "good morning". "Good morning" I replied. She then proceeded to carry the wood to the place the fire had been the night previous. She ignited it with a well placed ember and sat down next to it. I sat opposite of her and kept the silence, say not a single word. Again the events of the night previous unfolded in my mind and I kept thinking about it over and over until a soft voice spoke out. "I'm sorry for the way I acted," lily spoke out softly. I was lost for words which turned out to be a good thing cause she quickly began to elaborate. "I don't know why I was acting like that I-I just was so angry for no reason and I-I j-just...," she quickly broke down and began sobbing again. I quickly rushed over to her and hugged her. I had no idea what to do but hug her, so that's what I kept doing. I slowly starting petting her head and hushed softly. I'm not the greatest person when it comes to these situations. She hugged back and slowly stopped crying. In all the haste it had actually been ten minutes. As she finally stopped she didn't let go. We sat there for ten more minutes until she finally let go. We sat in silence again but this time it was less agonizing. I felt better and hoped that lily did too. Little did we know how fast things were going to start moving after sometime had passed.