Chapter 1

[1/10]

{Hoseok's POV}

I looked at the ring I was holding as I sat on the ground. I was in the school. Sitting alone here under the tree I used to be with my friends.

If only. If only I did what I was supposed to do years ago, this ring should've been used by you. If only I told you everything, I wouldnt be here sitting alone but be with you the whole day.

*Flashback 8 years ago*

"Hey, Hope. What are you doing there?" My best friend Sung Shin Hye asked me as she sat beside me under the tree.

"Nothing, I was just sitting here to think." I said and smiled at her.

"Did you know that our classmate Hanji will get married in a few months?" She asked and faced me while raising her brow.

"No, but I dont really care. Were not ven that close for me to care about that." I said and she chuckled.

"Yeah yeah, because you only care for those people who are close to you." She rolled her eyes humorously.

"Yeah, thats why I care for you. Pabo." I said and placed my arm around her shoulder messing up her hair with my available hand.

"Yah! What are you doing with my hair! Aish!" She complained and pulled away from me arranging her hair.

"Aigoo, dont touch your hair! I worked for that." I pouted and she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah right. You just messed it up." She said with a pinch of annoyed tone in the way she said it.

"Aish, I did work for that. Do you know how much energy it takes to place an arm over someone and do something with their hair with you other hand? Then you will just ruin my work? Aish," I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Yah, I should be the one angry to you! Dont act so childish! Aish," She returned the pout and continued to comb her hair.

"Dont worry you still look good with your hair like that." I said abd looked at her.

"Yeah, I probably look like a witch right now." She whined and I pinched her cheeks lightly.

"When I say you look good. Then that means you look good. Final." I said and she smiled.

"Arasseo." She smiled and just tied her hair into a bun.

"Woah, what do we have here? Hoseok and his girlfrie--I mean best friend." Jimin smirked at me and she just chuckled.

"What are you two doing here alone? Smooching around?" Jimin asked smirking too.

"Yah, I wont do that with Hoseok. He's my best friend not my boyfriend." She denied.

My smile earlier faded as she mentioned the label I dread to hear from her. Best friend. Hoseok! You shouldnt fall for her! Aish! You're so stupid Hoseok! Ugh! She's your best friend nothing more!

"Yeah, and you guys shouldnt tell her things that wouldnt happen. What you said is a big lie." I hissed and shook my head.

"Yeah, if I only know. You're dreaming that I'll be your girlfriend inside you." She teased me and I looked at her raising my brow.

How did you read my mind? I wanted to ask her that.

"What? Shy, are you out of your mind? I told you my heart is occupied by someone. So dont assume. You might be the one to fall for me." I smirked and she looked at me taken aback by my words.

Please, please fall for me. Please. Hoseok! You're being stupid again.

"Yah, Hoseok. That wont happen. Gosh, you know my standards for guys arent like you." She tsk-ed and shook her head.

Thats the problem! I'm the least person you will love, thats why I hate myself.

//Ring//

"Lets go." I simply said and got my beg before walking away slowly from them.

If only I can love you. If only you can love me back. Please, I just want that to happen.

Being your best friend can be enough. But sometimes I just cant stop myself from imagining what would happen if I was the person you'll love. I love you, but I cant tell you because I'm out of your dream boy lists.

"Yah, Hope. I saw your earphones on the ground." She said beside me trying to catch up easily.

"Thanks." I said nonchalantly and plugged in my earphones listening to music.

Music has been the one to be there with me. Everytime I needed someone I'll listen to music as if the song itself was the one talking to me.

We entered our room and I quickly sat on my chair. Which unfortunately was beside her's. Now tell me how to avoid her when were in the same village, neighboors, our parents are close, childhood and are currently best friends, same school, same class, and seatmates? Tell me.

I placed my bag on the floor and placed my head on the desk. I still have a lot of time to sleep.

I just wanted to know the answers to my questions. How will I forget you? How will I unlove you when I grew so attatched to you?