The Raid

There once was a family of five children, the Pevensie's, who lived in England. There were three daughters and two sons. They looked like any normal family with normal problems.

The youngest was Lucy who was seven years old. She was a free spirit with a very forgiving heart. She had straight brown hair that framed her face. Her eyes were a warm brown.

The second youngest was Edmund who was nine years old. He was cunning and not very honest about a lot of things but it was his way to get his dad to return home. His hair was also brown and hung against his forehead. His eyes looked a lot like Lucy's.

The middle child is Susan who is fourteen. She tries to be the mother of the group because their mother was usual working. Her hair has a bit of curl to her slightly longer than shoulder length brown hair. Her eyes held knowledge beyond her years.

The second oldest is Rosemary who is fifteen. She is carefree and always getting lost in whatever book she can get her hands on. Her hair is wavy blonde and fell to her waist. Her eyes are light blue.

The oldest is Peter at sixteen. He tries to fit the role of father after their headed towards war. His hair was also blonde and tended to part to the right. His eyes are brown and filled with determination to keep his family safe.

Rosemary had a secret that only Lucy knows about. She had magic. It was passed down the family from their mom, Helen, side of the family. Only the oldest daughter of the family would get the gift. Their adventure starts at their house in the middle of the night.

Sirens blazed to life as Germans started dropping bombs. Edmund was wide awake in the living room watching the destruction from the window.

"Edmund get away from there! Peter!" Helen yelled as she pulled him away from the window. Tugging the shades shut she turned to Edmund. "What do you think you're doing? Peter, quickly, the shelter now!"

"Come on!" Peter yelled pushing Edmund out of the room.

Susan ran into the room she shares with Lucy. Looking around with her flashlight she grabbed a few things from her nightstand. Turning to leave she noticed Lucy still tucked up in bed with her bear under her arm.

"Lucy, come on!" Susan said grabbing Lucy's hand and lead her towards the bombing shelter.

Rosemary walked through each room with a basket grabbing blankets, photos, and books. When she reached the leaving room she picked up the photo of their dad and added it to the basket before heading out to the shelter.

"Wait! Dad!" Edmund yelled before trying to head back towards the house only to be stopped by Rosemary.

"I got the photo, now go!" Rosemary yelled pulling him back towards the shelter. She closed the shelter's door behind her. She sat down between Edmund and Lucy. Grabbing one of the books she read the story out loud using the light of the flashlights. The other children fell asleep to her voice slowly lulling them to sleep.

"Mom, what are we going to do know?" Rosemary asked setting down the book gently on her lap.

"I don't know, Rose. I might have to send you away to keep you safe from the bombings." Helen said with a heaviness about her. With that, Rose turned off the flashlight emerging them in darkness.