Chapter 17: Explanation

You basically told him what happened all those years ago.

You were very thankful for your boyfriend who was patiently listening to you as he held your hand. He was reacting to the way you wanted him to react. When you were finished he gave you an encouraging smile.

"Y/N, you have grown so much all these years. I know we just met like two months ago, but I feel like I've known you long before that. Your parents are here now, so what? Now you're old enough to tell them what to do, right?"

You sighed. "Yeah, you're right. You should go down now. God knows what they'd think about us not coming back for like... almost 30 minutes now. I'll be there in a second."

"Okay. I'll be waiting," Dipper replied. He then looked hesitant for a moment and you stated at him. You were going to ask him what was wrong until he silenced you with a chaste kiss.

Your eyes widened as you can still feel the taste of his lips. "What-"

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." Dipper cut you off.

"It's okay. You should go down and try talking to my parents." You insisted and he nodded, with a forced smile on his face. You giggled a bit at his expression before leaning in and giving him a kiss as well, only this time it lasted longer.

You pulled away, and Dipper chased your lips, making you chuckle.

"Dipper," you said between your laughs. He joined in, not before a blush overtook his cheeks, muttering an apology. "You have to go. I just need to freshen up. We'll continue this later, okay?"

"Okay," he dragged out the last syllable and stood up, walking towards your door.

You let out a sigh when he was gone and actually began to fix yourself.

Meanwhile, when Dipper skipped down the steps, he immediately took notice of the couple sitting down around the table, while Stan was offering them what's inside his fridge; which only contained orange juice, almost-expired carton of milk, 2 eggs, and half a pear.

Dipper heaved a deep breath and let himself known by clearing his throat.

"Ah, Dipper!" Stan said rather loudly, trying to hide the awkward sweats forming on his forehead. "I'm glad you're here. Meet-"

"Y/N's parents," Dipper said blankly. He nodded at the two professionally. "I've heard from Y/N."

The man, who was looking at the brown-haired boy with narrowed eyes, spoke "Who are you?"

Dipper raised an eyebrow. "Like he said," he gestured to Stan. "I'm-"

"I mean, who are you to my daughter?"

Dipper almost choked out but he smoothly hidden it with coughing a bit to his fist. "Uh-" he stuttered out. Should he tell them? He wasn't sure if he should. They were your parents after all, so you should be the one to announce-

"Answer my question, boy." Harold seethed, his fist opening and closing on the wooden table. "Who are you to my daughter?"

"He's my boyfriend, dad."

Dipper looked behind him and saw you just coming down the stairs, your hands inside the pockets of your hoodie. He beamed at the sight of you, and you smiled back.

"Boyfriend?!" Three voices; one was from a man, one was from a woman, and one was... high-pitched and pre-pubescent?

The both of you turned to look at the sweater-knitting girl arriving by the doorway, looking as if she just ran a marathon. She dropped all the materials on the floor and sprinted in front of you.